Creekhaven Inn
  • Pool
Outpost Motel(Dripping Springs)
Econo Lodge(San Marcos)
View Hotel
All reviewssage roomthe main housecypress treesmy husband and iblueberry sconespot holeshot tubbeautiful creekwithin walking distancemini fridgewimberley squareother guestsparking areayogurtget awayhill countryoff the beaten path
Reviewed January 3, 2013

My husband and I visited Wimberley for the first time and stayed at Creekhaven Inn. First of all, it is a gorgeous property!! It is absolutely beautiful and peaceful - along the creek and lots & lots of trees. Pat and Bill, the innkeepers, are the perfect hosts. They have everything you could want or need available to you - cork screws, wine glasses, local restuarant menus, brochures, directions to local attractions. Very accomodating! The location is perfect. It's not necessarily within walking distance to Wimberley Square - but it's less than a 2 minute drive. It was very cold when we were there, but it seems like a fabulous place when it's warmer to enjoy Blue Hole, which is just walk away. And....breakfast is delicious! Definitely recommend Creekhaven Inn if you're in the area.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2012

we stayed there for a long weekend with my husband and loved our time there. Wimberley is an adorable town, the inn is well located, you can really enjoy the grounds and the creek, and the owners do let you enjoy the space as if it's your own.
On the negatives, I found breakfast to be of varying quality. One morning there was no options for vegetarians, another one I found a hair in my frittata...
That being said, accidents happen, and it won't stop me from going back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 12, 2012

We visited Creekhaven Inn in Wimberley, TX on 11-9 and 11-10-12 for our 33rd anniversary and stayed the two nights in the Tree House suite. We were so pleased with our choice to stay here versus a hotel, this is truly a gem of a place. Loved all the amenities, the air-jet tub was soothing, bed was very soft and comfy, with top notch bedding, nice little private deck and everything was very clean and inviting. The entire experience was so relaxing and rejuvenating. Sitting out by the creek in the evenings, under the Cypress trees, gazing at the stars above us and watching the deer all around, gave just the most serene and peaceful feeling. Felt as though you were just lost in nature! The innkeepers, Bill and Pat were very hospitable, kind and welcoming! Breakfasts in the mornings were nothing less than delicious and so well prepared and served. Loved that it was buffet style and could be taken to our room, and love that this is an option here, relieves that uncomfortable akwardness of having to eat at a huge table with 20 other people you know nothing about and don't care to have a "deep" conversation with first thing in the morning, yet, if that is what you do prefer, the dining area is beautifully decorated and contains two very large tables for dining with the other guests. We also experienced the couples message that is offered for purchase and were delighted that the therapists came to our room and set up so that we didn't have to trapes to another facility. The messages were more than wonderful and very much needed! Everything was so very professional, the ladies were very kind and respectful of our privacy as well! Creekhaven - what a wonderful "get-away" experience. Definitely a MUST!! We will be back!!!

Room Tip: Alot of steps up to the Tree House suite, (esp. with luggage) a consideration for those with difficulty climbing stairs.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Creekhaven, Owner at Creekhaven Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Thank you Carla for letting TripAdvisor know how much you enjoyed staying at Creekhaven Inn. We are always thrilled when our guests have enjoyed their stay - We look forward to you and Lonnie returning in the future.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

I completely agree with previous comments regarding the hopsitality of the hosts. The breakfasts were FANTASTIC! It's in a great location, within walking distance to Blue Hole. I loved being able to take the kayaks out on creek. It was incredibly peaceful and the perfect long weekend.

My only complaint would be the toiletries, and that they weren't restocked. I loved, loved the eye make-up remover towelette. There were 2 the first day, and I used one when we arrived (since we had been at Hamilton pool) so I could get ready for dinner. Then used the other one after dinner, to get ready for bed. They didn't give me another one the next two days. And I know it's such a small thing, but that really stood out to me. I would still go back in heartbeat!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle H

Thank you Michelle for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. Feedback is always important for us, so if we do fall short in anyway, we can take the time to get it right for the next guest. We enjoyed meeting you and look forward to another visit from you in the future. Pat

Reviewed October 20, 2012

We were in Wimberley for a wedding and the Creekhaven was recommended. The hosts at Creekhaven were very welcoming and helpful. The breakfasts were out of this world with a large selection so we had some really flavorful choices. We could walk to and in Wimberley to leisurely stroll through shops and galleries. Such an interesting area. We recommend them highly for location, food and hosts

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family