“Top notch carne guisada”

San Angel Mexican Bar & Grill
Ranked #21 of 40 Restaurants in Wimberley
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Dinner
Dining options: Dinner
Texas
“Top notch carne guisada”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We ate here one evening during our stay in Wimberly. I LOVE carne guisada so that's usually what I order at any Mexican restaurant and my meal here was was the best versions I've tried. Very good carne guisada. The others enjoyed what the ordered as well - beef meals tended to get a higher rating at our table as it was very tender and flavorful.

• Visited December 2013

Houston, Texas
“One of the best anywhere”
Reviewed December 1, 2013

We were taken here by friends during our visit to their Wimberley weekend home. It is just off the center of tiny Wimberley and we understand that it is under new management. The place just has a great vibe: good people working hard. The breakfast I had, chilaquiles with eggs over easy, was absolutely fantastic. I'm afraid I may never order them anywhere else because no one else can make them that good. Yes, we will be back.

Later the same day, San Angel catered a party at the house, and their fajitas were almost the best I've ever had. But their queso was phenomenal as were the tortillas and flan.

Go to this restaurant!

• Visited November 2013
Wimberley, Texas
“Great Marguaritas, Tasty food, Fast Service.”
Reviewed November 11, 2013

There were 18 of us. They set up a room for us, long table. As everybody started arriving, drink orders were taken and another individual brought them. Excellent idea, so no delay as everybody arrived in ten minutes. Room was away from main dining area which meant all conversations could be heard and there was no competing with music and other dinner traffic.
One person took the orders and passed them off to someone who took them to the kitchen. Within 15 minutes time or less the orders started coming out. Two people did the serving, chips were refilled, with new salsa, conversation died down as the sound of silverware in use increased. There were 2 children at the table and they were treated with as much attention as the adults. No compaints about the food, grilled shrimp got great raves, only problem was a few people would have liked the ground beef spicier, of course they also think firehouse chili is tame. Thanks to Daisey and her staff for making our club dinner an enjoyable event. Also got home in time to watch the Longhorns win.

• Visited November 2013
Wimberley, Texas, United States
“Eat somewhere else!”
Reviewed October 18, 2013

Very disappointed in this restaurant. Food was terrible. Fish tacos were swimming in cole slaw. Fajitas were burned and tasteless. Even the salsa was bad. We won't be going back.

• Visited October 2013
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
“Cute place in a good location and good food”
Reviewed September 6, 2013

This Mexican restaurant has a nice location on River Road just before it gets to a quaint area along the creek where people have rope swings and other simple pleasures set up. It's cute -- apparently a house converted into a restaurant. It has a nice little bar in the front (about four seats) and a bunch of tables spread across a few rooms. My girlfriend got the crispy tacos and loved them. I got a torta with pastor, which took a little longer than expected. But the waitress was very nice and attentive, and the sandwich was worth the wait. It has many inexpensive options. I think the torta was $4.99 -- and enough to fill me without any sides (besides complimentary chips and salsa).