“Not what the market used to be”

Wimberley Lions Market Days
Ranked #5 of 16 things to do in Wimberley
Reviewed December 8, 2014

We have been coming to the wimberley market days for years and unfortunately it isn't quite what it used to be. Not sure if we'll be coming back any more at all.

1  Thank Jake B
in 9 reviews
"booth"
in 21 reviews

Reviewed October 7, 2014

If you've ever been to Canton, TX for First Monday then this is the same concept... only much, much, MUCH smaller scale. My husband I spent a couple of hours shopping here and listening to the live music; which by the way was great. The day was beautiful, the traffic and parking weren't as bad as I was expecting, and I found a few treasures to bring home with me. I will definitely be back. Next time I'll bring my girlfriends and my shopping cart!

5  Thank Darlena_Eggebrecht
Reviewed October 6, 2014

We had a good day of shopping. Lots to see. I was expecting more crafty items and it was more like the old Canton. Antiques and older stuff, some crafty things. I am not sure if the map makes it look bigger than it is or if we were just lost and missed half of it. There was only once that we had to wait in a line for the ladies room and it wasn't a very big line either. That is a big plus for us ladies and for the ladies that enjoy a few beers while shopping! If you are in the area I would say go check it out, but don't make a trip just for the Market Days.

3  Thank Tina H
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Well covered in trees. Neat setting and Wimberly is a neat town. Nice covered areas and fairly good food available, run by Lions club. Overall operation supports Lions club. Very clean facilities and restrooms. More antiques; than the flea markets in San Antonio. Worth a visit!

6  Thank jbdds
See more reviews
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I've been going to "Market Days" the first Saturday of the month for well over a decade and each time I return, I seemed to find something more to love about it.
Early (prior to 8am) arrival during the hot summer months are essential to enjoying the coolness of the Hill Country mornings, but come Fall, the early bird gets the best deals, avoiding the long lines of traffic, and snags close-by parking for $5! I've spent an hour and I've spent four hours browsing and shopping--it just depends on the vendors of the day! There are vendors at Market Days that I've shopped repeatedly and those are my very first stops, as they usually are sold-out by 10am-11am.
The Lions cook up some yummy breakfast tacos and BBQ plate lunches!
There is no entry fee to Market Days, but you can bet on paying to park in the 6-8 different lots surrounding the grounds. No dogs are allowed at Market Days.

5  Thank Napunani