Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Fun learning about olives

Spend a lovely day here. The owner gave us a great tour and was very knowledgeable about olives and... read more

Reviewed November 9, 2019
Arlene L
Educational

The owner and his wife have a nice place of olive trees and grape vineyards. He gives you some... read more

Reviewed July 2, 2019
vacationmom82
Flint, Texas

Recommended experiences in and around Wimberley
from $365.00
More Info
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 1, 2016

We sampled the wines and I have to say the Texas Sunset Red and Sunrise Rose were excellent. The cab franc really came through on their Texas Sunset even though it was a smaller percentage of the blend. The Sunset was lighter and the smokey notes lingered a good while. Was I drinking a Loire valley red I wondered?

The wine was a little pricey but I am sure production was very limited. We brought a couple back for gifts but I wish I could have brought back more. They do ship.

The olive oil was very good and it was interesting to sample and learn about what to look for in good olive oil. The owners were frank and sincere and proud of their work, which was a labor of love no doubt.

I wish them the best of luck as they continue to develop the cultivation of wine in the Hill Country near Austin, TExas!

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed May 2, 2016

We didn't do the tour, we just went into the tasting room. We tasted various olive oils, basalmic vinegars, and olives. Everything was just delicious! The staff is super friendly. Really enjoyable outing.

Reviewed April 26, 2016

We didn't do the tour but caught up with the group in the tasting room. Educational and interesting presentation of oils, the "oil guy" is quite a character. Didn't expect the wine tasting or the quality of the wines, which were quite good. Most olive oil is imported so this place is one of a kind and definitely worth a visit.

Reviewed April 26, 2016

They grow and press olive oil and a little wine. The owners were very helpful, took us out to the olive tree grove to take pics. We liked their estate olive oil, and bought a bottle. They sell 6 varieties of wine. We tasted them, like them, and bought 2 varieties. Nice place to go.

Reviewed March 23, 2016

Olives are pressed right there on the ranch in their frantoio. Jack talks passionately about growing olives!

Date of experience: October 2015