“Worst Mexican food! But good grits appetizer.”

Milagro's Hill Country Tex-Mex
Ranked #20 of 40 Restaurants in Wimberley
Cuisines: American
Description: (512) 842-2800
Description: (512) 842-2800
Reviewed June 10, 2013 via mobile

Terrible Mexican good. Tasteless rice and beans. Enchiladas with no flavor. Great chips though. Great grits appetizer with sausage and cheese sauce. Good patio to eat outside. Not great inside.

There are newer reviews for Milagro's Hill Country Tex-Mex

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We stopped there as we were driving through from Blanco towards San Marcos. While it was by no means awful, I would not recommend anyone eat here. The chips were salty, the tomatillo sauce was salty, and the Classic Margarita tasted like lime-ade and had no zip. I had the shrimp tacos and my husband had the shrimp enchiladas. The food came out so quickly, I question how they could have fixed these dishes from scratch. My tacos had the tomatillo sauce on them, so they were a bit salty and the rest of the taco had no personality. The tortillas were stiff on the edges, like they had been heated up under an oven. The beans and rice that came with the meal was uninspired with little flavor. My husband had similar complaints about his shrimp enchiladas. We finished our meal by ordering bread pudding which was overly sweet and syrupy.

The service was actually very good right up until our waiter was hit with a ten top followed immediately by a two top. At that point, we lost him. We couldn't wait any longer, so we just left money on the table to pay for our meal.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

I am not sure why this place has some bad reviews. Almost scared us away but it looked nice so we stopped. Very nice place appearance-wise. Maybe close to the road for perfection but a good 300 yards away. Waitress was friendly. Prices very reasonable. Beer selection fine. Food was fine too. Not remarkable but certainly good enough Tex-Mex. Seemed clean too.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Milagros has improved dramatically over the years. If you are in wimberly I would suggest eating there and here's why. The food is good, the service Is good, and the ambiance outside is good. In Wimberly restaurants can be hit or miss. This one hits on a consistent basis. The green sauce the serve with tortilla chips is great. The fajita chimichanga is great and the chile relleno is great. Most everything else is good. Try the micro brewery next door and you have a fun experience. Well be back to Milagros .

Reviewed April 26, 2013

food not that tasty. I visited one year when Gov. Perry's wife was there giving a speech, the food that day was fantastic, not since then.

1  Thank Marylou W