“Cold clear water and rope swings from the Cypresses”

Blue Hole Regional Park
Ranked #1 of 21 things to do in Wimberley
Reviewed June 3, 2013

If you want to try a beautiful and unique place to swim this is it! Towering Cypress trees, cold clear water and grassy area for picnics. A great Family place! Got stress? Come here, you'll leave with a smile on your face!

1  Thank Roxanne H

Reviewed May 27, 2013

We stumbled upon the Blue Hole and took a few minutes to wander around and view the area. It was a Friday morning and no one else was around. The water was crystal clear and looks like it would be a fun place to swim in the summer.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

It was beautiful and peaceful there - there was no swimming the day we went so we had the area pretty much to ourselves.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Blue Hole holds special memories for me as a family picnic and swimming spot when I was a child in the 1940's. It was completely updated about three years ago, but still has the huge cypress trees with rope swings that I enjoyed as a kid. It is now my grandson's favorite place to swim. A great and relaxing place to spend the day.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

On a whim, my partner and I decided to check out a local 2-day Art Fest located in Blue Hole Park in "downtown" Wimberley, TX. We had NO IDEA the park held a hidden gem of a place to swim. Very unique, yet well-developed - for those of us that have knee/leg and/or ankle issues, the "shoreline" features steps and ladders down into the water! Lovely landscaping and areas to layout on the grass after a swim, or sit around the firepit (on days when it's not dry); can't beat this Hill Country attraction! but, ssshhhh...don't tell anyone :-)

Been to Blue Hole Regional Park? Share your experiences!