“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Wimberley Pie Co.

Wimberley Pie Co.
Ranked #3 of 4 Dessert in Wimberley
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Seating, Takeout
Dripping Springs, Texas
“Horrible Service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2012

The service is rude. I apparently was rude in my arrival by interrupting the two workers conversation (the place was empty). She just stared at me so I proceeded to ask for a slice of key lime pie with the intention of purchasing a full pie to take home. I had to pay first for the slice which did not meet the minimum $10 charge for credit cards. The law did change in 2010 which allows merchants to have a minimum charge of up to $10. I proceed to make it a debit card transaction since this does not cost the merchant anything and there are no limits allowed. I was still refused and told this would also be a $10 minimum. This is a violation for Visa and Mastercard. I told her (thinking she just may not understand the difference) but was rudely told she just does what she is told.

No pie is good enough to be treat like an idiot and a burden.

• Visited November 2012
2 Thank 550JasonM550

Richmond, Tx
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Excellent pies but get there early as they can run out on the weekends. We tried the Cherry and the Butterscotch Pecan and both were great.

Visited November 2012
Wimberley, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great pies”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

Their pecan pie is out of this world. Makes me crave it just thinking about it. Can't wait to go back.

Visited August 2012
Houston
“Awful experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

We purchased pie by the slice. Apparently it was pie from weeks ago. We purchased 2 different pies (pecan and cherry). The best description of the crust would be rancid. Since we bought it to go there was no option to return. One bite and both pieces were put in the trash.

• Visited October 2012
Vidor, Texas
“Just okay.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2012

I'm a dessert queen, so whenever we travel, I love to try new dessert places. I was so excited to try the Wimberley Pie Co., but found the quality to just be okay. The service, though, was terrible. The young lady working acted as if our stopping in was a total inconvenience for her as she had to quit texting and help us.

Visited June 2012