“Good Food and Great Service”
Review of Kate's Place

Kate's Place
Ranked #12 of 40 Restaurants in Wimberley
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Kate is dedicated to a dining experience of elegant simplicity. She uses fresh, seasonal, and locally produced food to create daily soup, sandwich, entrée, and dessert specials that complement the varied lunch and dinner menus. Kate's dedication to fresh food, freshly prepared, and her love of gardening are best exemplified by the large vegetable and herb gardens built on site which provide fresh-cut herbs, vegetables and flowers for use in her restaurant. Two areas for outside dining under large oak trees are available. In addition, an extensive selection of wine and local, hand-crafted beers is available for enjoyment in Wimberley's most unique bar. Kate and her entire staff welcome you to a casual, yet elegant dining experience in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. HOURS: TUES - FRI 11AM - 9PMSAT - SUN 9AM - 9PMBRUNCH SAT - SUN | 9 AM - 2 PM HAPPY HOUR TUE - FRI | 3:00PM - 6:00PM:$1 off draft beers & glasses of wine $5 off bottles of wine 1/2 Price Appetizers. Closed Mondays. Please visit our website for more information.
Houston
“Good Food and Great Service”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

The food was excellent and our waitress was very attentive. Kirstin was not only hustling between many tables but very detail oriented. In fact, I met the owner Kate to compliment the service and the food. The prices were very reasonable and the ambience was nice. Would recommend to anyone.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Avid T

Houston, Texas
“Good food”
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Four couples went here one evening. We ordered different items, but we all enjoyed our choices. I loved my pork chop and also the house dressing on my salad was light and tasty. More choices than you would expect for a small town restaurant. Delightful!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank houstonnative47
Austin, Texas
“What a Find in the Hill Country”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

My wife and I ate at Kate's Place on 04-06-13, and what a pleasant experience it was. The setting is very attractive and it is not right in the midst of the crowded downtown area of Wimberley. We decided to share a reuben sandwich and have some soup. Well, the reuben was probably the best I have ever had--very tender meat and the sauce was not overdone with perfectly toasted and tender bread. I had the chili. Very interesting. It had black beans and corn in it. Absolutely delicious. My wife had French onion soup, which was equally delicious. The service was excellent as well. We will be back. If you are in the area, be sure to check this place out. You will not be disappointed.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Weliketotravel1966
Houston, Texas
“Nice little place”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I ate there on a Saturday night and they had live music out on the patio. We ate inside and they had a nice selection of Texas Beers. My husband had the special which was a burger on a chibatta roll. I had Portabello Pesto Pasta. I wish I could give the place a "good" rating. The food was fresh and my husband raved about his burger, but my meal didn't knock it out of the park. It was just ok. I love pesto and this was very bland. I did like the dip trio we ordered as an appetizer which came with chips, salsa, queso, and guacamole. I think we will be back, but I may order something else on the menu. I would say it is worth the try.

Visited March 2013
Ware, United Kingdom
“super food”
Reviewed March 19, 2013

PROS : nice abiance, rustic, good range on menu, reasonable prices.
CONS: I think there was only one ladies toilet for quite a busy restaurant.

Visited March 2013