“Sweet peaceful little B&B in the middle of the Hill Country”

Serenity Farmhouse Inn
Reviewed February 14, 2011

We stayed at Serenity Farmhouse last fall for one night. It was so quiet, peaceful, beautiful and relaxing. The staff was accommodating and just so nice. We have another stay planned for May 2011. We like to take a 2 day motorcycle ride hitting all the Hill Country wineries up 71 in Marble Falls, Spicewood, Wimberley, even out towards Fredericksburg and this was a perfect place in the middle to escape and stay in complete solitude. Love it and would recommend it again and again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple

Reviewed January 17, 2011

I bought a voucher for a one night stay in a cottage for two and when I go to book a reservation 3 months in advance they tell me that there are no available weekend days until 03/26/11. My voucher expires 03/06/11. When I explained this to the receptionist I got I'm sorry no extensions. So I guess they really don’t need to make sure they get my business because they already have gotten my money. However, they will get a poor rating from me and I will tell all my friends and family who frequent Wimberley to stay away from the Serenity Farmhouse Inn. Customer service goes a long way when running a business and I don’t really feel like I got any from the Serenity Farmhouse Inn.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank kerri30196
serenityfarmhouseinn, Owner at Serenity Farmhouse Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2011

Sorry that you did not read your voucher clearly. If you had purchased a weekend stay, you would have received a weekend stay. The voucher purchased did not specify either weekday or weekend. We do accept one-night vouchers for weekend stays, when available. Weekends, of course, are booked the quickest, and our other customers beat you to the punch. Many guests call the same day that they buy their coupon to make their reservation. I'm sure you were given an extension for a weekday stay, if not, please call our office and you will be offered that now. I do agree that this has caused confusion, voucher-buyers and any future sales will be clearly priced for weekend and weekday.

Reviewed December 26, 2010

My husband and I were able to get away for a weekend and we loved our stay here. We stayed in the Love Song suite. The room was very spacious. We loved the fireplace and the hot tub. The view was great and visible from their very comfortable bed. It was nice having a kitchenette with dishes, pans etc. The only thing that was missing in the suite was a shower. Breakfast was really good and was delivered to the room right on time. We would like to go back when the weather is warm so we can use the pool. The grounds are very serene and peaceful. Shopping and dining in Wimberley was also a lot of fun.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 28, 2010

My Husband and I were able to find a few days to get away from our busy schedule. We found Serenity Farms Inn and decided to check it out. Being from a Hotel background I have grown to expect great things from the places we visit. The Serenity Farms Inn was among one of the best getaways that my husband and I have discovered. Upon arrival we discovered a gorgeous manicured landscape that even included fenced in donkey's and pigs. Great ammenities including a pool, hot tub, patio, gazebo, and a swing for the 'kid in us.' Arriving to our room we knew this was a great find. Our spacious room included a large jacuzzi tub walk in shower, seating area in our large bedroom, a kitchen area and fire place. Everything was clean and beautifully arranged. As we wondered around the property we were able to meet the staff that greeted us with a smile and wanting to fulfill our every need and want. We also met the owner on several occasions and she was extremely helpful and accomodating for my husband Matt and I. We will be coming back hopefully sooner ratrher than later.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2010

Just returned from a 2 night stay. It was a very quite and relaxing place to stay. The breakfast was very good and the owner was very nice. Staff was very helpful if you needed anything. Beautiful view if you enjoy the outdoors. We will go back for sure.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2010

NEVER, NEVER, NEVER rent from Serenity Farmhouse, unless you are willing to have your paid-in-full reservation cancelled at the last minute.

I made a reservation to rent Serenity Farmhouse (all 3 bedrooms) in March of 2010 for my family. My credit card was charged the full amount in April; I paid the full amount in May; received a "confirmation" email 1 week prior to my arrival in June. Then, 3 days before my arrival, I received a phone call telling me Serenity Farmhouse was NOT AVAILABLE, and I had to find another place to stay. Sherry (the owner) cancelled my reservation even though I made the reservation more than 3 months in advance, paid in full, was sent an email confirmation, and was due to arrive in 3 days! Luckily, I found another place to stay in Wimberley at the last minute, with no help or compensation from Sherry Elkin!

While talking with the Chamber of Commerce and several other business owners in Wimberley, I found out that I am the THIRD person in 2010 who thought they had a reservation, only to find their "reservation" is cancelled at the last minute! Sherry (the owner) has a habit of accepting reservations, taking your money, and then telling you Serenity Farmhouse is "not available" shortly before you are due to arrive. I also learned the red heart-shaped hot tub is full of algae and other gross things.

I have NEVER experienced such a poor business ethic from anyone else anywhere else in my life. Help me put Sherry (the owner) out of business!!

"Betty knows Best"