“Love the serenity of this place!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Serenity Farmhouse Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Serenity Farmhouse Inn
Newport Beach, California
“Love the serenity of this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2013

I first stayed here over the Thanksgiving Holiday. I wanted a quiet and peaceful place to relax after visiting relatives in nearby Austin. I loved this place. It was perfect for me... and I could only imagine how romantic it would be to be here with a partner, or just bringing my best friend (as she likes a peaceful environment to sit and read... as much as I like exploring and taking pictures). My room was above the main house and had a wonderous heart shaped tub (later to find out that all the cottages did), a fireplace, and a small kitchenette, with what I called the pink room attached-with plenty of space for a family. I didn't take a picture of my bed area, which was an old fashioned bed that did set high, and I liked it since I am tall.... but I did picture from the view of the bed (where I sat and read a lot). I added pictures of some other cottages as I was able to tour between people arriving. I also downloaded a few pictures from the property. A beautiful setting for a wedding, which I understand they do a lot of. I love staying at bed and breakfasts... and in reading other's reviews about the breakfast, it is simple and basic... but since I don't really eat breakfast it was perfect for me (and I wasn't there for the food). I liked having the kitchenette to bring home left-overs from local restaurants for dinner. This location is located near the quant artist town of Wimberley, about 40 minutes from Austin. While I was there it rained a little and snowed a little, which sounded lovely on the roof. There are T.V.'s in the rooms, but I don't watch when I am on vacation, as I am there to get away from everything. The animals were fun to visit and the Innkeeper and Owner, Sherry, informed me that most of her animals were rescued (which I support wholeheartedly). There are also cats and dogs on the property. Sherry also gives the most amazing massages... she is good. They do have a pool, but at that time of the year I was there, it was too cold. I imagine it is wonderful during the summer. I highly recommend this place if you are looking for a quant and quiet escape. In fact, I just called them yesterday to find out about availability for the Christmas Holiday this year. If you go and get a room with a small refrigerator, then just bring your own snacks/drinks.. a few good books to read and a camera to take some pictures as you explore the beautiful grounds.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a small refrigerator to put snacks and cold drinks in. All the rooms have a diff...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2013

Room was a mess. Very dirty! There is no shower in the room!! The room came with a heart shaped tub in the middle of the room! The tub looked like it hadn't been cleaned in years. It was covered in a film from previous guests. There was no sort of shower attachment or way to rinse soap of your hair. Not a very relaxing weekend when you can't shower all weekend. The furniture was stained and rusted. Everything was in need of repair. Service was awful. Would never ever ever return or recommend this place to anyone. Worst place to stay!

Room Tip: Avoid the heart shaped tub room
3 Thank lanikai18
Houston, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

My review is about my wedding at Serenity Farmhouse Inn. Last year we booked a wedding at Serenity and paid well in advance and signed a contract. Day of the wedding, I could not believe how many things went wrong. So many things we were promised in our contract were not provided for our wedding. Firstly, we ordered a cake with a lemon filling, the cake had zero filling, just super sweet icing. We threw the rest away. The champagne fountain shorted out and they poured orange juice for mimosas from plastic pitchers instead of nice beverage containers. Most of the food was served from chafing dishes that apparently had no Sterno fuel in them because all my guests mentioned the food being cold. The tiny chocolate fountain they used froze (Because it was for indoor use only) and we were promised it would be set up in our suite later that night, it was then offered to us unassembled to take home. I have a good choc fountain at home, I don't need some $30 one. One of the heaters we were told we had to rent for $150 broke and they moved it to the side so my uncle had to fix it down on his knees in his suit. There were supposed to be decorations and rose petals down the aisle and on the tables, the only ones used were the ones I provided. The fresh fruits we wanted with the chocolate fountain was mostly fruit not in season and rotten bananas. Who puts bananas on a fruit tray? We did not receive the Iced Tea, mints, and nuts we were promised at the wedding. We were not given chocolate covered strawberries or rose petals for the tub in our suite. There was no curtain for me( the bride) to get ready without people coming in to our suite and seeing me.

We were offered a refund and accepted it, however, I will be much more cautious in the future when entering into any contract. I just wish a little more attention to detail was given on my most special day. A little more emails or phone calls to keep in touch with me before the wedding so everything could have gone smoother. I will say for the B&B that it is a beautiful property, neat animals to feed, the most amazing breakfasts, and adorable suites and cottages.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
7 Thank Christina B
Georgetown Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

We did not find this B&B user friendly for the older traveler. Our "cottage" had no shower, though the jacuzzi had great water pressure, but cumbersome to get in and out of. The bed was too high for either of us to managed without a stool, with only one available it was difficult to deal with. Not all of the wooden blinds functioned, so it was necessary to close each slat by hand. In fairness, we did not complain as some of the issues would not impact younger folks.
The young man who welcomed us was very helpful and courteous.
The breakfast arrived on time and was beautifully presented and tasty.
We enjoyed the many cats on the property, but anyone not a feline lover might find their presence annoying. I have to add that the practice of breakfast trays being placed on the porch to be picked up, might better be replaced by an inroom pick up to avoid the cats eating off the lovely antique china.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Michele D
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

We had no problem finding the cottage thanks to the very detailed directions provided with our stay confirmation. Upon arrival, the staff were extremely friendly and helpful in suggesting places to eat and things to do nearby. The room was beautifully decorated and very cozy. I loved the handmade soap and the fresh flowers. They were nice touches that added to beauty of the room. There were various animals on the grounds and other guests; however, it was truly serene and didn't feel crowded at all. My husband's favorite part was the awesome homemade breakfast each morning...it was delicious! We definitely plan on going back.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mysupertech2010
maxe1lab
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

We went to the Serenity Farmhouse Inn on a Groupon. We were upset that we had to travel during the week for the deal to be honored, I should have read the fine print when purchasing. The Serenity was far off the beaten path, so you need a GPS to keep from getting lost. The cottage was nice and spacious. It had a king bed as you walked in, and a small table and chairs. The bathroom had a heart shaped whirlpool tub which faced the bed and the TV, there was no shower. My husband was not pleased with that. The tub was not large enough for 2 and not long enough for a man. The area was quiet and peaceful. The breakfast was great, very plentiful with a variety of items, and it was different each day. There was a microwave and a refrigerator, no bar b q grill. There were no restaurants around the cottage, you had to drive to town. So bring food with you or be prepared to drive to get something to eat.

3 Thank maxe1lab
Arlington, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

Driving there was hectic due to a major rain storm, but once we arrived we quickly loved the place. It is definitely out in the country (several miles out of Wimberley) but v-e-r-y peaceful. Nor big trucks or motorcycles driving by during the night. There were little duplex cottages scattered around, a nice outdoor pool, a covered area for wedding receptions, and several cats (10 or 12). Each morning a wonderful breakfast was brought to our door where we could eat inside or out on a porch. The cottage had a large heart shaped jacuzzi tub and a refrigerator. The person we talked to when we arrived was very nice and pleasant to be around. The whole atmosphere was friendly and romantic. Plenty of room inside and out. No disturbing noises during day or night.

Room Tip: All the rooms looked good and as animal lovers, we were delighted to see the cats roaming around (lo...
1 Thank Tom S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
The Lodge at Turkey Cove
The Lodge at Turkey Cove
#3 of 3 in Canyon Lake
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Springs
Sleep Inn & Suites Dripping Spri...
#1 of 2 in Dripping Springs
#5 of 19 in Wimberley
Lazy H Lodge B&B
Lazy H Lodge B&B
#2 of 6 in Canyon Lake

Been to Serenity Farmhouse Inn? Share your experiences!