“Great Girls Getaway!!”
Review of Blair House Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wimberley
Blair House Inn
Ranked #1 of 19 Wimberley B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 22, 2010

We attended The Blairhouse Cooking School to celebrate a friend's 40th birthday. Everything about the trip was perfect...except how much food I ate, but that's my fault! The rooms were immaculate. We couldn't find a spec of dust anywhere. The beds were extrememely comfortable. I slept as well as I do in my own bed. The service was fabulous and our cooking school instructor, Chef Sebastian, was top notch! I highly recommend a visit to The Blairhouse and I especially recommend attending the cooking school. I learned so much!! Thank you Mike and Vickie and Chef and Kacie and Sandra! Bon Appetite!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
There are newer reviews for Blair House Inn

Reviewed July 15, 2010

Less than 100 miles from home to participate in a three day top notch cooking class at Blair House Inn. Chef Sabastian is an excellecent instructor! Learned many new tricks over the three days. Our room was very spacious and comfortable. I would highly recommend Blair House Inn as a great place to stay, but if you love food and cooking, don't miss the opportunity to take the cooking class!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 12, 2010

We would highly recommend Blair House to anyone who enjoys beautiful surroundings and fabulous food. The gourmet breakfast were incredible. The Saturday night dinner was outstanding. Our cottage had every amenity. I can think of only one change I would make (and this a personal preference) .... I would have enjoyed a little firmer bed. We will return to this beautiful place soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Following a business cancellation, I unexpectedly found myself with a completely free week. I had been thinking of doing a culinary getaway program for some time, and decided that this was a rare and ideal opportunity. In researching my options, Blair House's hands-on, intensive real-world approach seemed like the best option I could find anywhere in the U.S. I was happy to travel to Texas from the East Coast for the chance to attend the Blair House cooking school, which involved 2 days of direct involvement in the preparation of Saturday night's, 5-course, French dinner.

Which is to say, I came with pretty high expectations . . . which were very much surpassed!

As soon as I walked into the kitchen and met Chef Sebastian, I felt right at home. He lasted patiently through two full days of my constant questions about the why's and wherefore's of what we were doing. And, while the menu had been determined in advance, Chef Sebastian had no problem tailoring his comments and tutoring to focus on my specific areas of interest. Friendly, knowledgeable, personable in the extreme, Chef Sebastian is the polar opposite of a stereotypical, ego-driven "artist" / chef. Just a peach of a guy.

I should also add that the B&B itself is a lovely and extremely comfortable facility. And the owners, Mike and Vickie, are very welcoming and gracious. I enjoyed relaxing, swimming, and kicking back when I wasn't in the kitchen.

To cap off my experience, I received a comprehensive packet of recipes and comments, complete with a diploma!

Bottom line: I learned a huge amount. I had a great time. I was super well-treated, and felt honored to study with, and ultimately make friends with, Chef Sebastian. I really couldn't have imagined a better experience.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank David46209
Reviewed July 7, 2010

The Blair House Inn was amazing! We were pampered from the moment that we arrived. You must get a massage from Mary Rose! And the pool was so relaxing and quiet. The view of the countryside from our cottage deck was beautiful. Saturday night dinner is worth every penny. They chef is very creative! I am already planning another trip back. The inn keepers, Vicky and Mike were so hospitable. Again, I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Saralovestotravel
Reviewed July 4, 2010

World Class service and extremely hospitable staff. The best we have ever experienced. They make your stay relaxing and a dream get-a-way! We will definitely be back!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 28, 2010

While the room was not inexpensive, the quality of the room, the food, and especially the service exceeded my expectations by a long shot!
The surroundings were serene. In the evening we heard cicadas and frogs more than anything else. In the mornings it was just birds and wind in the trees.
The staff and owners were very open, friendly, and helpful, but only appeared when needed.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wimberley
Embassy Suites by Hilton San Marcos - Hotel, Spa & Conference Center
Mountain View Lodge
Mountain View Lodge
#5 of 19 in Wimberley
The Lakehouse Bed and Breakfast

Been to Blair House Inn? Share your experiences!