“Don't expect much”

Ranked #11 of 19 Wimberley B&B and Inns
Cibolo, Texas, United States
“Don't expect much”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Decent location, but don't expect much from the rooms. Only one plug in the ceiling of the bathroom and the beds were hard. The temperature isn't controlled room by room, so you are at the mercy of the entire building.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Pam B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
San Marcos, Texas, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had a wonderful wedding and experience here! The staff is so friendly and Lynnsey and her mom make you feel like family! Easy to work with, around my schedule and any questions or concerns she was on top of things! They truly took my vision and made it a reality! I had so much going on I did everything myself so the week of it was a blessing knowing I was in good hands! A night we will always remember! Everyone else loved it as well! They are still staying it was the best wedding ever! They loved everything was right there, including their rooms! Every room had a different vibe! For your money and time best all around!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michelle C
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2013

We booked CFEC for our wedding reception. It is a plus that the hotel is connected to the venue. The staff is always friendly and super helpful. I would definitely recommend staying here to anyone who was visiting for a wedding or just visiting the wimberley area.

• Stayed December 2012
2 Thank Michelleallen531
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2013

Went there for a friend's wedding. All the young folks stayed at The Lodge where the ceremony, reception, and after party were also held. I had a great time b/c for one the surrounding area was beautiful. Especially if you live in a big city surrounded by pavement and freeways and boring looking suburbs, Wimberley is a nice place to visit to get away, the type of place where you see deer in the morning. We went to see "the cave" and climbed a tall hill nearby-- it's not Machu Pichu but just peaceful, serene. I read all the negative reviews and I get what people are saying-- no this is not a 5 star hotel. Clearly the building was built awhile ago, but as another reviewer said about the negative reviews, clearly they didn't do their research. I feel like you can't judge The Lodge with those expectations in mind. This is the equivalent of going to a mom and pop or dive instead of a chain restaurant. In addition, the staff were very friendly, pretty much what you'd expect from a small town. Real people, no BS, and they'll help out whatever way they can. I know I am not giving The Lodge its proper due-- I mean the ceremony was beautiful, rustic, the whole weekend felt very *personal* and I know the couple was very happy with the outcome-- but I want to be realistic. Some people like the glitz of Vegas and they get the newest gadgets and they would never eat out of a food truck. Which is fine, but those people have hotels for them and they are called Marriotts. However if you can appreciate things that aren't brand new, if you like finding diamonds in the rough, if you know how to keep a good attitude and have fun with the people you're with, if you prefer quirky and unique over shiny and predictable, check out The Lodge. (I never sleep well in hotels, even the nice ones in Vegas, so keep that in mind with my 3/5 for sleep quality) Thank you guys for treating us so well, it was a real treat and made me want to go off the beaten path more often. Wish you the best <3

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank ima texan k
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed for a family wedding. My feelings:
Pros: Outdoor wedding setting under the large oak trees by Cypress Creek was a very pretty setting. At night the large oaks by the outdoor dance and bar area were lit up with white lights which was also very pretty. Lots of seating. Friendly and helpful staff. Rooms were clean.

Cons: The cost: $99/night, however, we were discounted $10 for the wedding. Cancellation policy is steep-- "...upon making your reservation, you will be charged a $50 deposit per room. If a cancellation is made less than 14 days prior to your stay, you will be charged the full rate of your room rate plus tax."
I'm sorry but the inside had an odor--maybe if they replaced the carpet with tile or wood it would improve not only the smell but also the looks of the place. New curtains, wood accents/trim, would help. Yes, the furniture was antique-ish, the rooms were cold and no tubs, just showers. We did have a plug in the bathroom which was part of the light fixture (the front desk will supply an extension cord, if needed). A relative had trouble with their bathroom door sticking--so bad someone had to push against the door on the outside to open it. We did not have that problem. In our room, the cord for the TV ran under the carpet, which I think can be a fire hazard? Our view was condos built behind the wing where we stayed. The rooms are poorly insulated--could hear everything going on around us.

With some remodeling/updating, this could possibly be a really cute, cozy place to stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
San Marcos, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

I can tell by any bad reviews, the people did not do their research on Wimberley or The Lodge. This place is NOT a B&B and that's not what I was expecting anyways. I got exactly what I wanted staying at The Lodge at Cypress Falls: a pool to swim in, tennis courts to play on, my kids played shuffle board near the pool, wi-fi in the lobby, we dropped our bags and got back to the basics TOGETHER. The rooms temps were easily adjusted by the staff if needed. We were comfortable the entire time but I did hear a couple with a young child ask to have the A/C turned up a little. It's TX, asking for it to be warmer IS NOT a problem. The furniture was period furniture, the place was built in 1949 and actually has a great history- just ask the staff. This is STILL a centerpiece of the Wimberley community and has one of the most scenic parts of Cypress Creek on the property. If you would like to go stay at the Hilton and be pampered and served all weekend- stay out of WImberley period. If you would like some good old family fun and hometown service....The Lodge at Cypress Falls is your spot!

Room Tip: The right side of the hallway is pool side the left is not. No views of the creek from the rooms but...