“Great for lunch while shopping”
Review of The Leaning Pear

The Leaning Pear
Ranked #1 of 42 Restaurants in Wimberley
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The Leaning Pear outgrew its building a while back and now we were surprised to find it has a wonderful new building behind the old location. There is a large parking lot and great ambience in the new place. There are very high ceilings with tall windows looking out into the trees near the creek. The food was excellent as always, with upscale soups and sandwiches "chef" style. This a great place just a couple of blocks from the main traffic circle in the middle of Wimberley. Nice place to relax on a busy day of shopping.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

We were staying in Wimberly for just one weeknight and wanted something not too heavy, yet satisfying. Went to Leaning Pear upon recommendation and were very pleased. We each had salad/soup and the half sandwich combo.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

Haven't eaten in town in years as family now lives here. Boy have we been missing out! From the steel and wood architecture to the great view, I hoped the food could live up. Oh my did it. The root beer and house tea were both amazing, and were kept full the entire visit, check. The BBLT with avocado was so delicious my 10 yr old couldn't put it down. (Neither could I!) the chocolate cake and toffee pudding put a delectable exclamation point on a delightful meal. Oh and I forgot to mention the tomato blue cheese soup of the day. Heaven in a cup!!! Will definitely make a trip back, this time with our dog to enjoy the patio. They even bring fresh water to each four legged patron. This place just plain rocks!!!!

Reviewed December 15, 2013

We picked a cold time to visit the Hill country of Texas,but this place will warm your toes when you sit near the fireplace.I ate here a couple years ago in the original location,it's popularity out grew the last location and now is a little closer to the river,just a half a block away.We had the BBLT with avacado,corned beef rueben and the Bandera Quail. Our only problem was the rueben was a little short on sauerkraut and the Quail on Challah bun was also short on cabbage slaw and Poblano gravy.That will not make us stop again on our next visit on Jan 23rd as I meet my family here from Florida next month.

1  Thank swainer1959
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Hot n tasty food with varieties..... Ambiance of the restaurant and service was also tooo good,.....