“Good room for good price”

Red Roof Inn Conroe North-Willis
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Willis
Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

We arrived after midnight....staff at check in was very nice. Room was very comfortable....we slept well. We were on the back side of hotel, which was very quite. Easy to miss turn on road....we had to go to next exit and come back.....
We will stay here again.....

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed August 4, 2014

My husband and I, and his extended family, stayed at this hotel this past weekend when we drove up to attend our nephew's wedding. We also stay at this hotel location whenever we come up to visit family. We have not ever had any problems and have been pleased with each of our stays. We have been guests at this hotel for several years.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Reynaldo R
Reviewed July 22, 2014

When recently traveling in Texas, late, I stopped at this motel. The staff was friendly, even late in the evening. Quick check in and a room with a door tot he outside. Room was reasonable. Bed was comfortable, the A/C worked fine. The shower was average. The breakfast was also OK. Not as good as many motels but for the price of the room, it was adequate. All in all, the motel was "average" which made it a very good value and perfect for a quick, late not stop in.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank TomM_Milw
Reviewed June 28, 2014

The Hotel was nice, but not the Ritz, then again if you wanted the Ritz, then you would be booking the Ritz. The room was comfortable, clean and a good value for one's money. The staff was friendly. Book the back side of the hotel if possible away from I-45 Highway noise or ask for a discount from room rate for I-45 side of hotel. Ask directions to hotel. Entrance is somewhat convoluted to get to. Overall a nice experience. I would recommend staying at the Willis Best Western Hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John B
Reviewed June 13, 2014

Be sure to do your homework on the entrance; I did and found it without issue. They are remodeling, so overlook the extensive number of boxes strewn around the reception area. Be warned that their breakfast ends an hour earlier than most hotels. Ask them NOT to call you at 9:30 AM to ensure you are checking out at 11AM (then again at 10:55 AM.) Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel to avoid hwy noise. Staff is extremely helpful, rooms are clean, bed is comfortable and shower is amazing. I will be a repeat customer here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 2, 2014

This hotel was scary and dark. Our room was broken in to prior to arrival and the TV stolen, they put us in there anyway and told us upon checkout we weren't supposed to be in that room but did nothing to discount our bill. It smelled of paint and was sickening to breath all night. It was too late on a Friday night to find another hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed May 22, 2014

First the location of the hotel is hard to find. Second, when I checked in they couldn't find my Reward number, so we used my mom's (which that was fine), but after I checked into the room I realized we should have gotten the AAA or the Senior Citizen rate (my mom is 79) and IMMEDIATELY returned to the front desk and they refused to give us the reduced rate… saying we had already checked in and at this point it is non-negotiable. Ok, so I asked to speak with the manager and I was told I could not…. they were not available. "Well, when will they be available?" "Not until tomorrow after 10:00"….. It was clear they don't do complaints. It's Ok. They have lost me for life, but the room wasn't clean and the traffic is terrible. I would go to the next town.

Room Tip: I would not use Best Western.