“Look elsewhere first...”

Ranked #19 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
New Mexico
“Look elsewhere first...”
Reviewed June 21, 2009

It had new paint, some new furnishings, new carpet etc. They have tried hard to make it a nicer place to stay but a few important details make this one to pass up. The surrounding neighborhood is a little sketchy. The door didn't fit squarely so the deadbolt didn't function. The chain latch had been painted over so it didn't slide in for the backup lock. The room was pretty clean but there were condoms in the desk drawer and in the bedside drawer which shows a lack of attention to cleanlyness. I would pass this one up. you can likely get a great deal on somewhere else in this town and feel much safer.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 23, 2004

****DO NOT STAY HERE EVEN IF YOUR LIFE DEPENDEDs ON IT*****

I must say I didnt set out to write a review ,but after the hell that I had to go thru with this place with my last stay, I wanted to share my story with others. 1st, I was told one price over the phone then when I arrived it was something different. My reservation was lost and I ended up spending $136 for 3 nights, much more then I wanted to pay. Now I wouldnt have spent this, but being the Hotter Then Hell Race week, most places are 100 percnt booked up. On my 1st night, I noticed my copy of the reciept that I only showed paying cash to the motel and the check out day showed the next morning. I questioned the staff and was told that my check out was 3 days, instead of the 5 that I was told it would be at check in. The clerk she would have to check with mgmt. and get back with me which I am still waiting on. Needless to say my family and I had to struggle to find other accomadations before that day we had to check out. The room when we checked it smelled funny and there was a hole in the wall that my 3 1/2 year old was very curious about. Inside the hole was old wood and a used pill bottle. As if all this wasnt enough, I found that the cable tv was very snowy and not even watchable. I even brought in my own tv to see if that would help but didnt. The next morning, we found out that the shower only had hot water, no cold. Good thing I always check before getting in or I would have burned my skin off. The management was told, said someone would be right over to fix. As of the night before the check out, no cold water in the shower. We found a room in Wichita falls for 3 nights and 1 night we have to drive to Lawton, OK (50 miles north).

There were plently of rooms here, no one offered to put us in another room so that we could shower, the curtains dont close all the way so people can look in, we found sewing needs in the curtains as well as a rusty old nail. The phone was ripped open and the cord was broken so the connection wasnt always plugged in, no remote for the tv and the maids that came in today didnt even take out the trash not to mention what looks like old blood stains on the floor and the celing and the dresser drawers fall off if you look at them wrong. I am sure there are health codes about that and I plan on contacting the better busniess folks about this place if not local tv and the newspaper so that others dont have to go thru what me and I am sure countless others have. I wouldnt stay here again if this was the only place still standing. Heck they couldnt pay me enough to come back here.

13 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed September 3, 2002

As part of the Hotter N Hell Hundred event in Wichita Falls, my husband and I were staying one night in the New Trade Winds Motor Inn (which is a complete misnomer using the word "New"!) and found a hot, dirty, bug-infested room that not only needed a good cleaning but also plumbing repairs. Our room had a backed-up tub whenever we showed, dead bugs on the bathroom floor, crusted food left on the furniture and Cheetos on the carpet, and we were miserably hot because the a/c did not cool down until the early hours of the next morning. My blanket had something brown and very old-looking on its underside and one of my pillowcases had what looked like a footprint on it. I found a roach on the curtains the next morning, but I am certain there were many more running around that we did not see. Speaking of curtains, they did not even close completely for our privacy. Lamps did not work and there was not even a clock to set since we needed to get up extra early for the bike ride.

This place was unbelievably filthy and when I talked to the manager the night we arrived, all he could offer me was a "10% discount on next year's stay"! There will NOT be a next year's stay. I had heard others complaining too and I have contacted the Better Business Bureau in Wichita Falls. I do not want anyone else to experience what we and many others did. (From what I heard, there were other problems even worse than ours!) Beware...just for your information...

15 Thank A TripAdvisor Member