“Clean but problem with nonsmoking room”

La Quinta Inn Wichita Falls Event Center North
Ranked #15 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Jacksonville, Texas
“Clean but problem with nonsmoking room”
Reviewed August 11, 2008

We stayed here on July 28, 2008 after driving all day from the Grand Canyon. Had to visit 3 different rooms before finding an actual nonsmoking room. The breakfast the next morning was disappointing with frozen waffles and very little else in a cramped eating area. This was the worst La Quinta breakfast we have seen in years and we are Return members. We skipped it and ate the granola bars we had in the car.

• Liked — Nothing.
  • Disliked — Lack of breakfast choices
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed June 23, 2008

I'll start with the bad and work my way to the good. I had some trouble booking online, so I called the hotel directly for my reservation about one week in advance. The staff was very friendly and we agreed on a price and I gave her my credit card number. Before hanging up, I had to request my confirmation number, which worried me a little, but I didn't think much about it.

Upon arrival, they did not have my name, number, or address. Luckily, I had asked for the confirmation number, but that didn't help much because they didn't have that down either. Luckily (again), they had an available room, but the staff members seemed very confused about which rooms were available and clean. Then, they attempted to charge me $15 more then the original price quote, but after threatening to leave, they fixed that too. The staff was cooperative, but VERY unorganized.

That being said, the room was very clean, everything functioned properly and it was quite quiet considering its proximity to the highway. The bed was comfortable. The neighborhood surrounding the hotel is not well-kept, but I have stayed in the area on several occasions without problems. We didn't encounter andy other problems with the room after the check-in fiasco. I would stay there again, but would double-check my reservations!

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Disliked — making reservations
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed March 13, 2008

No complaints. I booked this based on reviews from this website. Room was clean, comfortable and staff was very helpful and friendly. Nothing fancy, but I rate it as excellent because of cleanliness and friendly staff. I will definitely book there again when I am in Wichita Falls.

I recommended this to other relatives and they also stayed there. They, too, had a pleasant experience.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
Colorado
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Stayed at La Quinta-Wichita Falls on our way back from spending Thanksgiving with family. Because we were behind schedule, we ended up booking last-minute through Hotwire, which I suppose probably saved us about $20. We arrived around 2am, and there was a clerk waiting to greet us and check us in, which was nice. It is an older motel, and we weren't thrilled to find that all rooms open to the parking lot rather than indoors, but it turned out to be a boon b/c it made it much easier to unload our stuff.

This La Quinta is definitely no-frills, but we had what we needed so no complaints here. The room was clean, the mattresses were firm, the pillows were soft, the heater worked, and the water was nice and hot! We heard a couple of trains going by before we fell asleep, but it didn't bother us since we grew up listening to trains, and besides, our son loves trains.

Other than that, it was quiet enough, and there's a Whataburger just down the street to grab a coffee and biscuit in the morning. La Quinta offers a continental breakfast from 7-9am, but we were too tired to go so I can't comment on how good it was.

The daytime clerks when we checked out were friendly and took the time to chat with us and even gave us written directions to a nearby restaurant that offered kid-friendly fare.

• Liked — Good price, clean, and easy access to highway.
  • Disliked — Must walk outside to get to hotel lobby for breakfast, etc.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank PineSC
Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2006

La Quinta's have always been predictably reliable, but in this case, they need a little updating. The bed looked like a donut, and it acutally hurt my legs to dangle them off the edge because the wire frame of the mattress was protruding. I think the mattress was about as old as the hotel? The outside was really dirty with old garbage laying around, sticky soda pop all over the sidewalks, and trash under the stairs. This hotel even came with a couple of feral cats living under the sidewalk. The upside (and is usual for La Quinta) is that the room was VERY clean and the hotel staff were very friendly. It still hurt to plop down $65 for a bad night's sleep...

A disappointed La Quinta fan, Texas

• Liked — Location, staff
  • Disliked — Bad beds, really dirty outside
  • Tips/Secrets — Maybe they'll improve??? Most La Quinta's are great.
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled on business
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 27, 2005

While the service was good the location convenient to the interstate and Sheppards AFB the hotel itself wasn't in the best shape - our room smelled horrible no amount of air freshen helped, alhtough it seemed clean aside from the smell it was a little outdated.

• Stayed November 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 14, 2005

I can't give a five star rating to any motel in small town America, but the LaQuinta was a very welcome suprise. It was very clean. It was comfortable. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Several restaurants were within walking distance. I would definitely recommend this hotel as a welcome place to spend a night or two if in the area.

• Stayed June 2005