La Quinta Inn Wichita Falls Event Center North
$100
$78
Courtyard Wichita Falls(Wichita Falls)
$158
Agoda.com
$129
Homewood
$94
All reviewsroom was cleanwaffleseasy accesssheppard afbdefinitely stay here againgreat roomgreat pricelqdogspetdennysaccommodationstexas
Reviewed December 30, 2011

The La Quinta Inn in Wichita Falls, Texas is one of the old style LQ's with the outside doors which is the type I usually avoid. But as it was the only LQ in Wichita Falls and I was on company business (they direct bill my company!), I took a chance and stayed there.

The reviews in TA are mixed on this property. I booked a "family room suite" as I would have lots of stuff and wanted plenty of room.

Upon arrival, the front clerk was very helpful and I got checked in quickly.

The room however was off in a satellite building well away from the main area of the office. This concerned me because I used to live and Wichita Falls and I know they area....not so great.

I was able to park right in front of my room and that helped me keep an eye on my car.

The room was dated (old style bed covers, carpet and furniture) but clean, warm and smelled fine. Everything went fine for the stay, no problems. The water was hot and the heaters worked well. The bed was clean and I slept well. There is some noise from the highway, but it is not too bad.

The breakfast was typical LQ, lots of starch, carbs and boiled eggs. I am not into that kind of breakfast due to health reasons and wish LQ would update that. However, there is a Denny's next door and they had what I needed.

I did not look at the pool, nor other rooms. As this is an older LQ and the only one in town, your mileage may vary on quality and experience.

Overall, I would go back if I was in the same situation, but otherwise would prefer a newer style property without outside doors and a better area.

With the way Wichita Falls has grown, the route it is on, the increased number of properties in the area, it is odd that LQ has not built a LQ Inn and Suites style property like they have done in several other West Texas cities.

They should seriously consider this action.

Room Tip: Look at the room before you move in to be sure it is acceptable. Always do this at older properties such as this.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 27, 2011

On our way back from a thanksgiving visit in Denver, we stayed at this hotel..In all honesty, I've never stayed in a better room anywhere, except of course in high end resorts with high end prices....We arrived after dark and were given a room in a section away from the main areas...Overnight, our tied down and covered bags and boxes in the rear of our pick up were obvioulsy tampered with. On exam, seveal bags were missing and another bag from someone else's vehicle, was on the ground nearby, opened and cleaned out......Upon mentioning this to the clerk, it seems this is a frequent occurence...(Never mentioned of course when we checked in) As we left and drove into the surrounding neighborhood, it was evident that behind the fence blocking your view is a major poor looking neighborhood, with easy access to the hotel parking lots...........If you stay there, better make sure what you have is either in the room with you, or locked up in your car, with the alarm on.......Great room, but we would never stay there again........

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank seyah66
Reviewed October 14, 2011

I have to concurr with te other guests. Way out of line for LQ. Cigaretee butts and gum in the hallways, feral cats drinking out of the pool. The only thing missing was a dead body. The flies are probably coming from the trash bags left outside the rooms all day. The neighborhood is ok as long as you are packing heat. The staff tries hard but has no tools to work with.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed here when my son was finishing tech school at Sheppard. Walking distance to a couple fast food places and a Dennys. Parking is tight but didn't have any problem finding a spot. It was quiet and clean, just what one looks for in a room.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank DBMaxwell
Reviewed September 23, 2011

Needed ADA room, which was clean, but this place is an older property that has been painted and updated many times. It was comfortable and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. This is our second time to stay at this La Quinta.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business