“Close to Sheppard AFB”

La Quinta Inn Wichita Falls Event Center North
Ranked #16 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Reviewed October 7, 2011

Stayed here when my son was finishing tech school at Sheppard. Walking distance to a couple fast food places and a Dennys. Parking is tight but didn't have any problem finding a spot. It was quiet and clean, just what one looks for in a room.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank DBMaxwell

Reviewed September 23, 2011

Needed ADA room, which was clean, but this place is an older property that has been painted and updated many times. It was comfortable and quiet. Staff was friendly and helpful. This is our second time to stay at this La Quinta.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Room was OK--ordinary but clean. If you get there after 10 at night be prepared wo park a long way from your room. I am handicapped, and we had a lot of stuff. It was an ordeal because all of the close in parking was taken plus the room where they put us behind the pool had no ramp cut in the sidewalk!!

Reviewed July 28, 2011

This is a nice, simple, straightforward La Quinta. What makes it standout is the friendliness of the staff. They were quite also helpful. When I reported very minor problem with the room at checkout, the manager snapped to attention, wrote it down, and handed me a coupon for $5 off my next booking.
Although we did not swim, we noticed that the pool was very clean when we looked at it Saturday afternoon. Bright and early on Sunday, staff was out cleaning it making it even better.

Reviewed July 25, 2011

I stayed here last weekend and the room smelled, the bathroom was disgusting with a toilet that only flushed every other try and a corroded tub drain with a plug that had been removed, I saw several cockroaches, and there were cigarette burns in my sheets . . .
The hotel itself is in a bad area too . . .
Don't stay here . . .

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 20, 2011

I've stayed at many a La Quinta in my day, and I've always been a fan. The Wichita Falls franchise, though, is definitely starting to show signs of age. The carpets and paint job are obviously worn, and my door was pretty hard to close (it looked like someone might have tried to force their way in). On the up side, the beds were very comfortable, it's close to Sheppard AFB, and it's not like you're going to find anything really upscale in Wichita Falls.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

This hotel was in a not-so-great part of town, and we had reserved a two-room non-smoking suite. When we arrived, the room was at the far back corner of the property and we would have had to park in an alley next to a convenience store. Very unimpressed, not to mention the entire property was dirty with trash everywhere. We ended up parking in the center of the property, where we couldn't see our car because we felt it was safer nearer to the office. The room also smelled like smoke, and the window in the second bedroom was wide open, leading me to believe the previous occupants had smoked. My parents are in the hotel business, so I know that they could actually dedicate only a few rooms to smokers, rather than trying to air a room out. I understand also that sometimes people are inconsiderate and say they want a non-smoking room when they are going to smoke in it anyway. I am not sure what the case was here. The room was threadbare with very old carpeting and bedspreads. The front desk staff were all right, but the breakfast was rather disappointing with very little to choose from. The property was not at all what I have come to expect from the La Quinta chain. We will not return.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.