“A Home Away From Home”

Ranked #7 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
New Jersey
“A Home Away From Home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 12, 2008

The Best Western Northtown Inn on Kenley Avenue in Wichita Falls, Texas was a pleasure to stay in due to the professional, friendly, helpful and cooperative staff. It was truly a home away from home.

The room was spacious, comfortable and very clean. The maid service was excellent and friendly. The HBO service on the television was excellent to watch the latest movies.

The delicious full breakfast served every morning was excellent, very filling and looked forward to every day. There are many restaurants within walking distance also.

I highly recommend this hotel.

• Liked — The excellent staff who were friendly and professional. Also the room and breakfasts.
  • Disliked — The stay at the Best Western was an overall good experience.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Portsmouth
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2008

As we had previously used BW hotels we felt we would get a good place to stay for a reasonable cost - we were not disappointed. Nice rooms, pleasant staff - what more do you need - justifies former good reports

Stayed September 2008
amarillo tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2008

I travel all over the state of Texas with my job and have stayed in many hotels, but none like the Best Western Northtown Inn in Wichita Falls TX. After a long day on the highway I am always greeted with smiles and a friendly staff. Check-in has always been pleasant and everyone has went out of their way to accomodate what ever need I may have.
There are large rooms, nicely decorated, with microwaves and refrigerators. Since I am there usually for work, high speed internet, desk and lighting are very important to me. They have a fantastic work station for me to work on my paper work and to complete my work on the computer. There have been times that I have needed copies made or a fax to be sent to me. This has always been done for me with no extra charge.
There is also a beautiful swimming pool that in the evenings when I'm off work I am sure to use. It is always nice to get into the clean pool and swim and then to get out and lay on one of the many loungers to just rest and soak up some sun.
When you come to stay, you have to eat their continental breakfast. Sausage, eggs, gravy and biscuit, waffles, cold and hot cereals, and many pastries. And then there is the fruit juices, and fresh hot coffee. "MMMM you must try the gravy".
In February I presented a seminar in their meeting room. There again the staff went above expectations. The room was professional and was set up to accomodate my needs.
Whether it is pleasure, family vacation, his and her get away, conference/seminar, or just a one night stay to get a good night sleep I would highly recommend this hotel. It has all of the pleasures of some of the many expensive hotels with a great atmosphere and friendly staff.

• Liked — Friendly staff, clean rooms
  • Disliked — location
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
ARKANSAS
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2008

On June 18, 2008 my son and I traveled to Wichita Falls to see my Dad who is in a local hospital. We drove from Marion, AR through the night to get to Wichital Falls as soon as we could. We arrived in town at 4:00 a.m. and we tried unsuccessfully at 4other hotels to get a room. When I went into the Best Western Northtown Inn I was distressed and exhausted. I explained our desperate situation to the gentleman at the front desk and he was very kind and helpful. He did everything he could to help us as did the entire staff throughout our 3-night stay. Although the hotel is not new, it is clean, well maintained and managed very well. Mr. Patel, the manager, and his staff went above and beyond the call of duty to make our unfortunate stay in Wichita Falls pleasant. We will definitely stay at the Northtown Inn again and I will recommend this hotel to family and friends when they are in the area.

• Liked — The staff members were awesome.
  • Disliked — The hotel is just off of a one-way street, but near an access to the main highway.
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family