“We stayed at this hotel twice on the way to and from our...”

Travelodge Wichita Falls
Ranked #17 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed November 25, 2012

I had to be in Wichita Falls for my friend's wedding. Weeks prior to the trip, I searched for the cheapest hotel I could find on the internet. Travelodge was the best deal for $34 a night and I was staying on a Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and leaving Sunday. I read reviews that there was an occasional cock roach in the rooms and to prepare for bed bugs. I also read that the manager, Mr. B, is not very friendly. I couldn't afford anywhere else so I booked the room. I brought my own pillows and blankets to sleep on the bed so my boyfriend and I wouldn't have to undo the bedding (scared of bed bugs). Surprising the room was very clean. Outdated decor but clean. The breakfast buffet was disappointing. A little fruit and cereal. The housekeeping staff was awesome! Great, friendly ladies! Mr. B was unfriendly. My boyfriend even heard him yelling at his poor wife. Overall, it was a great value. About $100 for my whole stay. Although, I would not want to stay there again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Post, Texas, United States
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I was very suprised at the service and clean rooms at an incredible price. I came to this area for work .. I was amazed at how kind the staff was to us.. rooms were very clean.. will stay again if back in the area...!

Room Tip: find a room close to stair in the corner best bet!.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Worthington, Ohio
Reviewed October 26, 2012

I used a 1-star hotel Express Deal on Priceline to book this hotel. I was expecting it or two other similar cheap hotels as a result. I got what I paid for, a room with a television, hair dryer, coffee pot, alarm clock, bed, desk, and a bathroom.

Check-in was efficient but entire office smelled of curried foods. Keeping this in mind I did not use the breakfast amenity, and my one picture was of the breakfast area and it was very sparse. Cereal (nearly empty dispensers), a doughnut (not plural, *A* doughnut), three extremely small oranges (I've hit golf balls bigger than them), an unplugged juice machine, and Folgers coffee.

The room was mostly clean, anything you could see was clean, the walls were white, and the carpets were clean enough as I was wearing white socks and they were no dirtier after walking around than they were when I arrived. The bed was comfortable enough but nothing special, the comforters and sheets were clean, and there were three pillows on the king sized bed, and in my experience higher class hotels would have at least four or five . There was a desk with a no smoking sign, but there were cigarette ashes behind the bedside table and under the air conditioner box. Speaking of things behind the bedside table I found about a dozen dried-up dead crickets. The good news is I didn't see any LIVING bugs, bedbugs, crickets, flies, roaches, or anything like that. The bathroom and sink area were spotless and the coffee pot was a full sized twelve-cup machine and honestly I moved it to the parcel shelf because I didn't have enough room to put my toothbrushing and shaving supplies out. Two sets of towels were provided, I imagine you'd have to ask for more if you needed them, but again, higher class hotels would have three full sets in a king room.

I didn't even try the TV other than to see what channels it had and there was a pink channel guide in a basket next to the TV. In that same basket was a 2009-2010 era book listing other Travelodge properties in North America. Three years old? Really? I was unable to locate a Yellow Pages book in the room but there was a Gideon Bible in the bedside table drawer. The room had a microwave, but no refrigerator. This was fine by me, I didn't need to eat in this room, but if I really needed to cool some milk I could always visit the ice machine and keep a half gallon in the ice bucket or something. The internet was unsecured (network name is simply "Lodge") and I was able to connect with my Galaxy S2 phone easily, however, I did not have my laptop with me this stay.

I really enjoy cheap hotel rooms. I like the sound of trucks going down the highway and air conditioners growling. I actually could NOT hear these sounds in this room unless I was standing by the doorway. All in all, this experience was fine *for me*. Your mileage can and will vary and I imagine what I consider "Acceptable" would be downright scary to some reviewers and luxurious to others. I paid $24 for this room with the deal I got, whereas for a walk-in rate the manager at the front desk quoted $40 for single king, $45 for single with double beds or double with king, and $50 for double with double beds. The La Quinta ($69 but ASK and they will happily put you up for $52) and Red Roof ($44 anytime) a few blocks north of here are worth it at those prices, but this hotel is NOT. If you can pay $35 or less and don't need a fridge or breakfast, it's definitely worth a shot and will undercut any other Wichita Falls property.

Room Tip: 230 and 229 have extra bars in front of them so you can't dive into the pickup-truck bed-sized p...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo