This is a nice hotel and upscale for a Holiday Inn Express. Our room was fine. I wanted a King Room, but got two queens instead. Oh well. We did get a downstairs room. Yea! Just what we wanted and it was at the end of the hallway, close to the parking lot. Another plus.
The first night the pool seemed a bit cold (strange as it is August), the second night was better for the pool. The floor of the pool could have been a bit cleaner. The water was clear though and that was good. It overlooks a little lake - very nice touch.
The breakfast was okay. Nothing to write home about but the wait staff was friendly and helpful. Overall it was okay, but I would have preferred better eggs. I also would have liked a bar to purchase wine/beer. Would have been nice to sit by the pool and order a drink or two.
We have stayed at this hotel for 3 years during HHH and the staff is always helpful. A nice touch is they do cater to the cyclists opening a continental breakfast up for them at 5:00 on Saturday of the big ride and the snack sack in the room was much appreciated.
The price seems a bit high. I know they can get pretty much what they ask for this weekend, but next year I notice it is going up $10 a night. $169/night, minimum stay two nights. A bit much.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Major Businesses and Attractions Surround Award Winning Wichita Falls Hotel. The Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites of Wichita Falls, Texas, is conveniently located minutes from popular Wichita Falls attractions and businesses. Are you traveling to our Wichita Falls hotel for leisure? Our location offers easy access to The Plex, a family fun center with games and rides, and outdoor attractions like Lake Wichita Park, Lucy Park and Cast Away Cove Waterpark. Sports enthusiasts enjoy our convenient location to Memorial Stadium, MSU, Sunrise Optimist Softball Complex, Hoskins Baseball Field, and the city's Sports Complex. If you're in the mood to shop, visit Sikes Senter Mall or Parker Square Shopping Center just three miles from our Wichita Falls hotel. You'll also find a variety of live entertainment at Memorial Auditorium and Red River Casino. Wichita Falls, TX, is a growing city and home to major regional manufacturers and retail centers. Lodging at our Wichita Falls hotel puts you close to several large businesses, including OSTC, Texoma Cancer Center, Kell West Hospital, and many others. If you need to hold a meeting during your stay, the Wellington Banquet and Conference Center has over 6000 square feet of meeting space and is right next door. Our business center is conveniently located in the lobby of the hotel and is available 24 hours a day. Whether you're visiting for business or leisure, our Wichita Falls award winning hotel will meet your needs. You can expect a good night's rest in our cozy triple-sheeted beds and then start each day with our signature cinnamon roll from our complimentary hot breakfast bar. The fitness center, outdoor pool and whirlpool help you relax during your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express And Suites Wichita Falls
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Wichita Falls Hotel Wichita Falls
- Wichita Falls Holiday Inn