“Comfortable stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls
Ranked #8 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Reviewed April 9, 2013

As a frequent traveler to the area this is one of two places I like to stay.Hotel overall is clean I agree with other guests that the pillows on bed need to thrown away & replaced.Towels in room varied from nice & soft to thin & rough.Breakfast is not any better or worse than it has been pancake machine is back.Can't expect too since it is free.Shampoo,lotion,etc never replaced after first day.One other thing that happened during stay late @ night got a call from someone saying they were from front desk.Said they had lost several reservations & needed my name credit card number etc.I told him I didn't feel comfortable providing it over the phone I would go to front desk.When I went to front desk clerk knew nothing about this.Seems to me it's someone who works there or worked there is making these calls to scam money from credit card.But over all it is a good place to stay.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank NATIVETEXANLUBBOCK
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I stayed here due to a 100% recommendation on Hotwire. The price deal was good but then I was disappointed.

The property was neat and tidy. And in general, I was very pleased with the room even though it was much smaller than the Holiday Inn Express I stayed in the week before in Lawton OK. Unfortunately, when I went to shower, the maid had left dirty towels folded into the shower curtain. Yuck! I looked for a comment card to leave with the front desk to notify housekeeping but they didn't have any. I also pointed out to the desk that the pillows labeled as "soft" were nasty feeling. They were like lumps of old cotton wool that had clumped into little balls. There was nothing soft or nice about these pillows.

Breakfast was another disappointment. The eggs were hard on the edges, The worst part was going to the juice machine. The cranberry juice came out looking like blood. When I tasted it, I nearly gagged. After awhile, the attendant came out and I told her about the machine. She said that the juice wasn't mixing correctly. I suggested a small out of order sign and she ignored the suggestion. Another hotel client heard my comment and came over and told me that he'd been staying there for nearly a week and it had been broken all week long.

The dining room was very pretty and I liked the layout. The hotel pool was just outside the window as was a small lake. It was a pleasant morning scene.

In hope that the maids will be more careful in their cleaning, that pillows will be replaced, and maintenance will fix the juice machine, then I'd be happy to give them a 100%. For now, I rate them about 85%.

Room Tip: My room faced the parking lot and it was very quiet.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Linda M
HIExpressMgr, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Linda M,

Please accept my sincerest apologies about the inconveniences you experienced during your stay and my gratitude for your kind comments about our property. I am pleased to announce that Holiday Inn Express has a new pillow brand standard and as soon as they are available we will begin putting them into rooms. The Cranberry Juice problem has been solved and the machine is now providing great tasting juice. I would appreciate it if you would contact me with your room number and date of stay so I will be able to work with the housekeeper personally to ensure they understand the importance of double checking their work so that things are not left behind. We strive to meet and exceed the expectations of each guest and comment cards are always available at the front desk to let us know when we achieve our goal and when we fall short. I sincerely thank you for bringing these items to our attention, I look forward to hearing from you and hope that you'll give us another chance so we can show you why we are an award winning hotel and earn a 100% rating.

Jennifer
HiExpress@HospitalityFirst.com
940.692.8300

Reviewed April 7, 2013

Excellent hotel that I've stayed in whilst over in the Falls. Would recommend it as the best place for business travel. Rooms are quiet and the staff friendly and helpful. Its also very easy to find which as a business traveller is a big plus - I hate driving around lost.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Sam P
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Thank you for your valuable feedback! We are so pleased that our location is easy to find and convenient for you. We look forward to seeing you again in Wichita Falls.

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I’ve stayed multiple times at the Holiday Inn Express in Wichita Falls. It is overall a nice, consistent property.

I’ve always been assigned a room facing the road, which is one of the reasons I really appreciate the constant fan feature in the room. I imagine the rooms facing the lake are a lot quieter. But, when I am in Wichita Falls I don’t spend much time in the room so it’s a non-issue.

The temperature is easily controlled and maintains well, too. The desk lamp is not bright enough for me, but the bed is comfortable and the room clean. In short, this property gets it right.

This particular trip though I did have a couple of minor issues. The alarm went off loudly at 5:00AM when I didn’t set it. I never use hotel alarms because half the time you need an engineering degree to figure it out. In this case it took me a while to figure out how to turn it off. This happens more often than you might think. A very simple solution would be for hotels to include checking the alarm in housekeeping’s responsibilities when turning over rooms. It would be a very small thing that would make a big difference to travelers.

Also, HIX breakfast are always the same, so I always know that biscuits and gravy are an option for a hot dish if I’m there on omelet day. (I really don’t like the omelets.) It’s hard to mess up instant gravy, but this trip the gravy was so watery it was pretty bad. I ended up with cereal.

Still, in spite of the mishaps this trip – I’ll be back. Everyone has a bad day occasionally. This is still my hotel of choice when visiting the area!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AnotherNiteOnTheRoad
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Reviews such as yours that are honest and straighforward are vital to us as we work to continually improve our guest's hotel experience. I am passing along to our GM and Housekeeping your suggestion about checking the alarm clocks. I'm very sorry that it disturbed your otherwise restful night, and hope we have this fixed by your next visit. I will also mention your comment about the watery gravy to our breakfast hostess. Thanks for making us your hotel of choice in Wichita Falls. We truly appreciate you taking time to leave helpful feedback and look forward to seeing you next time!

Kathie Forehand
Director of Sales

Reviewed March 26, 2013

We stayed here while touring Midwestern State. Very clean hotel. Staff was extreamlly nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and good size. The lake view was very pretty. The only negative thing I can say is the beds were very uncomfortable. My daughters and I all woke up hurting and very sore.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view. Very pretty!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Michele S
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this reviewResponded March 29, 2013

We appreciate your valuable feedback and are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay while visiting MSU. Please mention the bed situation next time you check in so that we may address your needs and try to make you more comfortable. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your comments about our award winning property - it helps us to continue to strive to help our guests have a Great Stay!

Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is my third or fourth stay at this hotel and it is always wonderful. The staff are excellent, rooms are spotless, quiet, and the overall vibe of the hotel is great. I appreciate their efficiency at check in and their attention to detail. Its kinda off the freeway when traveling on 287 but definitely worth the few extra minutes. There is a sonic within walking distance and a gas station to fill up the car before heading off. Love this place!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you so much for your kind comments about our hotel and your recent stay! Our guest's feedback is very important to us and we're happy that you had a great stay. We hope you will stay with us again when in Wichita Falls.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is unbelievable! the facility is pristine, can't believe it is 5,years old! The staff are friendly and accommodating, the breakfast offerings fresh, and the afternoon cookies delicious! If your travels take you to Wichita Falls, this should be your home away from home. Check it out!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathy C
SalesDirectorSPSKB, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2013

We're very happy to be your home away from home! Thanks for your great feedback about our award winning hotel. A dedicated staff and owners ensure that our hotel still looks brand new after 5 years. We really appreciate you taking the time to leave your comments so we know we're on the right track to satisfied guests.