“Very pleased”

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
“Very pleased”
Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was very nice.stayed for one night just passing thru.staff was friendly,especially nice lady w/ glasses who checked us out.the room was clean,& the bed was incredibly comfortable! Being from the north,I was concerned about the a/c,but this a/c was great! The room stayed nice & cool,which helped for a good nights sleep.i liked the free soda coupon from the cupboard as well as the discount coupons to local restaurants. I used the workout facility & it was nice & clean as well.i felt safe, wasnt too crazy about the Landry being combined w/ the gym,but didnt have any problems.overall,a pleasant stay.

• Stayed September 2013
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Hey there! We are thrilled that you had such an enjoyable stay. Thank you so much for pointing out our friendly staff and cozy amenities! We hope to see you again the next time you are passing through our city!

Sandy Andonian

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 4, 2013

At check-in, we were greeted promptly by courteous and helpful staff. The place was clean and the beds and pillows were comfortable. We had plenty of room for all our stuff (traveling with a family of 5 for 2 weeks so we had lots of stuff, including food that we were able to put in the mini fridge), and they were more than happy to supply us with the extra linens we needed (since there were 5 of us). There was not a breakfast or restaurant, but they did have a little store area with a pretty good selection. Plus, there were plenty of places within a few miles to eat and we had the mini-fridge in our room for the food we brought. There was also a laundry room, but we didn't need it. Checkout was fast and painless (just like check-in), and there were no surprises on our bill. Also, the staff went above and beyond when we found out the next day our son had left his favorite "blankie" in the bed... and by then we were 400 miles away. When I called in a little of a panic, I was shocked to find out they actually had his blanket! I figured it had been swept up in the laundry and gone forever. She quickly took my address and mailed his blanket to us that day. They refused to let me pay for the shipping and said it was no problem. My son was re-united with his blankie a few days later, and believe me, we were all relieved! This was the first night of our trip, and I grew to appreciate it even more after staying at other similarly priced hotels that did not come close to the quality of this one. If you need to stay in Wichita Falls, I would highly recommend staying here.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Wow!! Thank you for all of your kind words. I'm so glad you were able to make use of the full kitchen that was in your suite. One of our Core Values here at the Wichita Falls Candlewood Suites is "Put a Smile on the Customer's Experience," and it certainly looks like we were able to do this for you. Thank you for the opportunity to serve your family! Hold onto that blankie!
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed August 13, 2013

My trip was so great. The staff and management were outstanding to resolve any issues which arose. The outside pavilion was always clean and in great working order. Laundry, lobby, and the cupboard were always outstanding. Housekeeping and the front desk, employees were outstanding.

Room Tip: Left of the entrance, on the back side my room was very quiet. Loved it.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jeff L
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Thanks for your kinds words about our property. Our goal is to deliver happiness to our guests and I am glad you were 'Oh so happy.' Thank you for mentioning 'any issues that arose,' as we will not be perfect but we will do our best to make it right.

Thanks again,

League City, Texas
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Have stayed here twice coming back from Colorado Springs on the way home. Very clean rooms,comfortable beds.Staff was very friendly and welcoming.They also gave us a coupon for a discount at Denny's for the morning since they don't do breakfast,so that was nice.Would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: We usually pick the top floor to avoid noise from people above,especially if they have children that...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, July 23, 2013
Thanks for choosing our hotel on your way back from Colorado. We are always looking for ways to make our hotel more valuable, so I am glad that you were able to utilize the coupon to Denny's. We are grateful that you took the time to write a review of our property and we can't wait to serve you again.

Lubbock, Texas, USA
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I had never stayed at a Candlewood before and didn't know what to expect - if the others are like this one, they've got a new loyal customer. It was comfortable, clean and homey - I did my computer work and I slept like a baby, no problems. In the morning the shower was perfect (I was good and didn't steal the showerhead although I wanted to), the in-room coffee was name brand - and good! I'll be back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank LlanoEstacado
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Hey! Thanks for spotlighting some key features about our hotel that sets us apart. I too have wanted to steal the shower head for my own personal use!!! In the future I hope you do choose Candlewood Suites as your preferred hotel and we turn those surprises into expectations! Thanks for the review, we are grateful.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed June 5, 2013

The staff at this Candlewood are very proffesional and polite. The hotel is kept nearly spotless. The rooms are very well kept and the mattresses are very comfortable. When traveling on business it's important to rest comfortably. The hotel was quiet and the staff is very attentive to the needs of the guests. The pantry is kept well stocked, there is a free laundry and free coffee. The only negative for me was the internet speeds were very slow even when plugged into the cat5 outlet. I was there on business as a major loss claim adjuster. When attempting to upload large files to the home office the connection would sometimes time-out and I would have to start the process all over. Other than that this is a great place for short or long term business assignments. The rate is very reasonable. Oh yes, one last thing. This hotel stays booked so if you think you may need to extend your stay make sure you book the room for any anticpated length of your stay because extending your stay for longer than your initial reservation can present a real challenge for the hotel management. Again, they seem to stay at capacity. I was there for several days beyond my initial reservation. It took some juggling by management to extend my reservation. But they did their best and made it happen.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Hey! Thanks for taking time to write a review for our hotel. We love honesty and appreciate your remarks about our Internet speed. Since our hotel has been at high capacity we think the bandwidth has been used up at certain peak times, which is a problem that we will look into further. We also appreciate you taking notice of the small things in our hotel that we feel makes the stay feel like home. We hope we can cross paths again. Have a great day!

Austin, Texas
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Not many great options while staying in Wichita Falls. The Candlewood seemed to be more of a hotel for overstay contractors and laborers from out of town. Many seemed like they have been there for months. At times it felt more like an apartment building then a hotel. Didn't really like the feeling. Also that fact that your room is not cleaned but once a week and no fresh towels unless you request. I just don't get that....$113 a day and no cleaning of rooms plus the room can get a little noisy....you know like an apartment building!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Ernesto C
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thanks for taking the time to review our property! I have left a message on your voice mail two times and would like to discuss this review further when you have a chance!

First, you mentioned $113 a day. Since you are a state employee, you were able pay for the State Government rate of $77/day. Where did you see $113?

Secondly, you mentioned a lot of different attributes about our hotel that make us unique. A lot of our guests do stay for long period of times. They enjoy our full kitchen in every room, free laundry facilities and we protect their privacy by only cleaning their room once a week. These amenities are no different than the other 300 plus Candlewood Suites around the United States.

With that being said, we love guests that only stay one night (or in your case four) too!!! In fact, we have consistent repeat State/Government employees that stay with us and enjoy the home like atmosphere.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations, but I hope you will give us another chance!