“Work Trip”
Review of Candlewood Suites

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Reviewed May 9, 2013

Not many great options while staying in Wichita Falls. The Candlewood seemed to be more of a hotel for overstay contractors and laborers from out of town. Many seemed like they have been there for months. At times it felt more like an apartment building then a hotel. Didn't really like the feeling. Also that fact that your room is not cleaned but once a week and no fresh towels unless you request. I just don't get that....$113 a day and no cleaning of rooms plus the room can get a little noisy....you know like an apartment building!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ernesto C
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to review our property! I have left a message on your voice mail two times and would like to discuss this review further when you have a chance!

First, you mentioned $113 a day. Since you are a state employee, you were able pay for the State Government rate of $77/day. Where did you see $113?

Secondly, you mentioned a lot of different attributes about our hotel that make us unique. A lot of our guests do stay for long period of times. They enjoy our full kitchen in every room, free laundry facilities and we protect their privacy by only cleaning their room once a week. These amenities are no different than the other 300 plus Candlewood Suites around the United States.

With that being said, we love guests that only stay one night (or in your case four) too!!! In fact, we have consistent repeat State/Government employees that stay with us and enjoy the home like atmosphere.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations, but I hope you will give us another chance!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

It was a very nice hotel to stay in while waiting for my son to leave Sheppard AFB. It was clean and convenient. It was also great to have a kitchenette. Room was clean and shower was one of the best compared to other hotels. I would stay again if I had too. There is no pool for those who would prefer one.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to write your review on Tripadvisor. We know your words will be influential in helping attract other guests to our hotel. If you stay with us again, let us know your preference for a pool and we will help solve this with our sister property. I am glad you liked our full size kitchen and shower, as it is a big hit for our guests. Again, thanks for taking the time to write the kind words, we are grateful.

Candlewood Suites

Reviewed March 31, 2013

We were here for 3 days, visiting our son. The hotel is very nice. We had the 1 bedroom suite. I loved the water pressure here, great job. The only complaint I have is the AC situation. If we wanted the bedroom colder, the living area was freezing cold (our 3rd person froze). We kept it turned up so they wouldnt be freezing, so us in the bedroom were hot. I feel there needs to be an AC unit in the bedroom too. I also feel the bathroom needs "towel bars". There is only 1 hook. If you want people to re-use their towels you need a place to hang them to dry. The bathroom is big enough for several towel bars. I did miss having "maid service". I had to take towels to front desk to exchanged them. I think we should beable to call and someone come to us. Other then that loved it here.

Room Tip: We were away from the highway. We never heard highway noise at all.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lori N
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review. I am very sorry that the room temperature did not meet your expectations! If something like that happens, please let us know so we can ensure to take care of it as soon as possible. Since you have left, we have corrected the problem in the room you stayed in.
Thank you for your insight on the towels placement and how we handle exchanging the towels, both will be looked at carefully to see if this is something that we need to change. Again, thanks for taking the time to help us get better!

Candlewood Suites @ Maurine St.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

i loved this hotel. It was like having your own little apartment. Everyone was friendly and helpful. The amenites were great. I would definately recomend this hotel to anyone who is traveling. I will definately book this hotel again next time i travel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2013

Thanks for the review. I am glad you loved the apartment style room, we can't wait to serve you or the people you refer soon!

-The Candlewood Suites Team

Reviewed January 16, 2013

Without a doubt one of the most accomodating and friendly places I have stayed. Staying here was just like a home away from home. What very few discrepancies I had were handled and completely taken care of in no time at all. For being located in a small town, this place has TOP NOTCH management and employees. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 18, 2013

Hey! Thanks for your kind words, we are grateful for the review. Please let us know if we can provide another great lodging experience in the future.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

This hotel was billed as having all suites, and the internet photos showed a nice place.
However, two beds in the same room with a mini-kitchen does not a suite make. The beds were hard, the pillows too soft. We have stayed at Comfort Suites, with more amenities for less money (separate bedrooms, full kitchen, living area, and fireplace). So, no, we will not stay at Candlewood again.

Room Tip: We did not have young kids with us nor were we interested in a pool.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan W
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2013

I am so sorry your stay here was not exactly what you had in mind. We will take a careful look on how we word our kitchens as they do have a stove top, full refrigerator with ice maker, microwave and dish washer and we have oven toaster upon request. Our rooms also have all the dishes, pots and pans and silverware one would need in such a kitchen. Just because we are an award winning hotel does not mean that we sometimes fall short of your happiness. If you would like to call us at 940-322-4400 and ask for Derik or Sandy we would love to figure out more specifics about which room you stayed in so we look into why this mattress and pillows were not to your standard. As always we do appreciate the review and we hope you will give us another try so we can make this up to you. Also, it seems that you may have stayed in one of our studio suites, however we do have One Bedroom Suites that may be more suitable for your next stay. These rooms have a separate bedroom and living room along with a large table attached to the kitchen. Thanks!

Reviewed December 17, 2012

Travels keep an eye on this place. This is a very nice Candlewood! I travel a lot for business and for baseball with my sons. I highly recommend this hotel. I was in the area with my son for a baseball camp. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The lobby area is very nice and clean. The rooms are spacious, clean with very comfortable beads. They even had complementary popcorn in the microwave! Little details are very important. A high quality stay for the money. I used the sundry shop to buy detergent and noticed how unusually well stocked the shop was food (stacks), drinks and ice cream. Lots of choices at reasonable prices. We used the self-laundry facility: Three machines and six driers. Free! The way it ought to be… If I am every in the area I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Francisco D
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this reviewResponded December 21, 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review for our hotel! We appreciate that you noticed the details that we think always matter. We always try and 'sweat the small stuff,' because everything matters! Again, we appreciate your time and business and can't wait to serve you again.