“Candlewood Suites in Wichita Falls TX”
Review of Candlewood Suites

Candlewood Suites
Ranked #11 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Candlewood Suites in Wichita Falls TX”
Reviewed January 2, 2012

My husband and I traveled by car to Cypress Texas over Christmas 2011. We stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Wichita Falls TX one night on the way there and on night on the way back. It was a wonderful experience! Everyone is very friendly and nice. The room had a lot of space and was very clean. The shower was great! The towels are plush. Restaurants are located close to the hotel. Whenever we travel to Cypress we will stop at this hotel again. Loved it!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
GMofCWS, General Manager at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, February 13, 2012
We get a lot of travelors coming or going to Colorado from the Houston area. It seems like Wichita Falls is a great rest stop to break up those 10 - 14 hour long road trips.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review for the Candlewood Suites. We do look forward to you stopping by again.

Aaron Duran

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Kettering, Ohio
Reviewed January 1, 2012

I was at the Candlewood Suites for 7 weeks while I was on TDY at Sheppard Air Force Base. The room was great, very clean, had everything you needed with lots of room. The staff was fantastic, everyone the cleaning crew, the front desk, maintenance, and management. I will definitely stay here again if I come to wichita falls.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
GMofCWS, Director of Sales at Candlewood Suites, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Matt,
I am very sorry for the delayed response!
The Air Force holds a very special place in our hearts here at Candlewood Suites. While on your TDY I am sure you succeeded on your mission and we are thrilled to be a part of your experience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review, we really appreciate it.

Derik Schneider
Director of Sales
Boerne, Texas
Reviewed December 30, 2011

A year ago my family stayed here when visiting family. (Please reference my previous review) Our experience of a year ago is what influenced our decision to stay here again. It is truly a great place. The workers are professional and willing to serve your needs. The amenities are quality, especially the exercise area. The full size refrigerator and additional space is bigger than most standard hotel rooms. This property is also pet friendly. The Candlewood Suites is easy to find of I 44. Wichita Falls is not too big of a city. When staying here you are no more than 10-15 minutes from any attraction.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank fquinter
Sacramento, California
Reviewed November 27, 2011

In Wichita Falls several times a year visiting family. First Candlewood experience was excellent! Hotels nearby may be a little cheaper but can't compare in lodging quality, customer care, fitness center & privacy. Won't book anywhere else but here in the future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Fort Hood, Texas, United States
Reviewed October 22, 2011

I've stayed at many hotels here in Wichta Falls and I have to say that Candlewood Suites is the best by far. I come up to Wichta Falls often to spend time with my children. The location is ideal, right up the road, there is many gas stations, restuarants such as Dennys, Long John Silvers, Whataburger, Chinese (all you can eat), El Chico, but if you want Chilis or Roadhouse, it is about 10minute drive. The rooms are clean, bathroom towels are soft and thick, just like being at home. I love the kitchenette. I brought my own food to save on meals and they have everything you need. they have a small movie library in the lobby and my kids loved it!! They have flat screen in room with DVD player. The rooms are very cozy and spacious. Hands down, I am staying here from now on. Oh, am they have a little small store in the lobby. They have ice cream, drinks, microwaveable foods, deordorant, shaving cream and other little toiletries just in case you forgot some, candies and more. Yes, my kids took advantage of it. Huge workout room with FREE laundry room. How could you stay anywhere else??

Room Tip: any room is ideal, I stayed in 2queen beds....very spacious
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I am a From the UK and stayed here for over a week. while attending an air show at sheppard airforce base. Room was very spacious and Clean and well equipted. Staff Friendly and helpful. would recomend to anyone . It is a little out of town however there was a Dennys at the end of th e drive that did excelent breakfasts and a Wall Mart one junction up. The hotel had a pantry cupboard that was well stocked and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: I would recomend any room
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
southern forida
Reviewed October 3, 2011

This is meant to advise all pet owners that Candlewood Suites pet friendly policy is deceptive, and the staff was totally unprofessional. .I always use Trip Advisor and sort for pet friendly facilities and associated fees. I We selected Candlewood after seeing on their home page that they were pet friendly and no fee or fine print indicated there would be a fee. I then, as usual, double-checked the amenities page and found no mention of pet fees....and I booked it.
Upon arrival I was advised of a $50 fee for my cat. I pointed out to her that the Trip Advisor page and links only state that Candlewood is pet friendly with no mention of a fee. I had her log in to Trip Advisor and show me where the fee is mentioned, but she could not find it either. Nevertheless she insisted that we pay the fee or we could not stay. Not wanting to search for another hotel after 6 hours on the road, I forced a modest reduction of the pet fee.
When their own staff can't find their pet fee policy on the internet but still insist that a fee must be paid...something is very very wrong.

Stayed October 2011, traveled with family