“Very nice stay!”

Ranked #1 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Wichita Falls Texas
“Very nice stay!”
Reviewed April 19, 2012

Great location, right across from Sikes Senter Mall and close to many restaurants. Very clean, super nice people, very large rooms. You will feel as close to home as possible in a hotel. Very safe location and you can walk to Sikes lake and take a stroll with the ducks. Highly recommend!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank 2gurlsmom
Management H, General Manager at Homewood Suites Wichita Falls, responded to this review, April 29, 2012
Thank you very much for your comments! We always appreciate positive feedback as our staff does work hard to provide a most hospitable stay. We look forward to serving you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed April 5, 2012

While this location was not the most convenient for where I needed to be in Wichita Falls I enjoy staying at Homewood Suites sometimes for the extra space. Had a room with a nice view of the small lake (great sunrise view!) and the room itself was clean and comfortable. Staff was friendly during check in/out, breakfast wasn't as good as I've had at other Homewood Suites but was OK. I would stay here again on a future trip to Wichita Falls.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank pbUSA
Thank you for your comments! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. While I realize our location is not always convenient for highway travelers, I do hope that the lakeview and sunrise offset any negative feelings. We look forward to serving you again soon!
Houston, Texas
Reviewed March 26, 2012

We stopped here during spring break this year. We had two rooms reserved for our family of seven. The rooms were a little rough but not bad. Staff was friendly. I might try another hotel next time.

Room Tip: I had requested adjoining rooms and did not get them.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank 89AV8R
Thank you for your comments. I do regret to hear that your room may not have met the expectations of you or the ones we set for ourselves. I would love to hear from you directly at 940.691.4663. We'd certainly appreciate the opportunity to correct any area(s) that needs immediate improvement so that we can deliver the experience our guests deserve.

Thank you!
Reviewed March 15, 2012

We've stayed at this particular Homewood Suites several times over the past few years: in fact, the only reason we have Hilton rewards is to build up points from and for our stays there. My husband always books a non-smoking suite online, and all has been well.

My kids and I came in after 7:00 PM and a hard nine hours in the road, got into our suite, and went right to the phone to call the front desk, because there were three ashtrays in the room and my throat was starting to close up. I am allergic to some ingredient in cigarettes, and I can't stay in a smoking room. The front desk said they had no non-smoking rooms available, too bad, so sad. I took my five kids, our luggage and camped out in the lobby while the desk clerk tried to put me in another Hilton property nearby, the night manager tried to make me pay for a room I used for five minutes, and my husband was on the phone with Hilton customer service, who apologized, made sure I did NOT have to pay, and acknowledged that their online booking system has a flaw that will assign a customer a smoking room when no non-smoking are available, just to make the booking.

I went to the Courtyard four minutes away instead, and will be leaving a good review on it!

No beef with Hilton itself, just the handling of this situation by the Wichita Falls location. And especially the day manager, telling the night manager to tell me I had to pay for a room that was making me very sick.

Also, the location is pretty isolated.

• Stayed March 2012
8 Thank KermitMissesJim
Texas
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We chose to stay at the Homewood Suites in Wichita Falls in late February and again in early March, in February we had a very large one bedroom suite with two queen beds,in March we had a studio suite with a king and a pull out sofa bed, both stays were very relaxing and enjoyable, the staff were professional and courteous. The accommodations reminded us of the Grand Waikikian at the Hilton Hawaiian Village, so we were very impressed. We took advantage of the complimentory breakfast on both occasiions, a nice touch to the stay. The indoor pool was nice, especially during winter. We would most definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Scratchrmg
Lakeville, Minnesota
Reviewed January 3, 2012

This was our first stay at a Homewood Suites property. The interior decorating was impressive. The property was clean and efficient. Having dinner included in the rate was really nice after 14 hours of driving from Minneapolis to Wichita Falls. We also enjoyed the excellent breakfast selection before heading on to our final destination. Good coffee too, which is not usually the case at breakfast buffets. I have to agree with a previous reviewer regarding the kitchen staff. After the bowl of strawberries ran out for the waffles, the guy brought out a bowl of frozen strawberries. They were still covered with ice crystals. I remarked to him about them and he really didn't seem to care that they were frozen. Other than the frozen waffle incident we really enjoyed our stay and would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Wally_G_Minneapolis
Tx
Reviewed December 23, 2011

Not the best bed. It needs to be updated but this is a clean hotel with a good housekeeping department. The front desk staff are not friendly generally and the manager is not accessible. We have stayed here before and thought the breakfast was good. This time, they have obviously downgraded their quality. The food was very average. I asked the kitchen staff a question and was surprised at their "couldn't care less" attitude. Also, I saw one of the guests walking around in the food area barefoot in their pajamas. The manager said nothing. Not very professional. It is sad to me because this is a nice hotel other than the fact that the staff just doesn't care any more.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business