“My favorite Mexican food place in town!!!”
Review of Casa Manana

Casa Manana
Ranked #51 of 229 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Casa Manana has been a tradition in Wichita Falls for over 40 years. Love their food and atmosphere. Their wine sauce which is good on everything is a must have. Always recommend it to family and friends when they are in town visiting. If you leave hungry, it's your own fault!!!

1  Thank Stacia H

Reviewed October 17, 2012 via mobile

Huge portions...we split the casa mexicana. It was delicious. Two people couldn't finish the plate. Don't pass up this restaurant!!!!

Reviewed September 29, 2012

This is a Mexican food restaurant...food is prepared different but it was good! Restaurant was very quite, no music...

Reviewed September 16, 2012

We drove downtown, and it was a bit eerie, as most downtowns are dead on a Saturday evening, and so is this area. Going east on 8th Street, we noticed several blocks ahead with cars parked on both sides. This is near the Iron Horse Pub, so cars compete for parking.

The outside of the windows were painted over noting 65 years in business. Stepping inside, the dining room is a small space, with booths having a canopy and side curtains. Sit down, and the waitress appeared quickly to take our order, and brought out an order of homemade tortillas and salsa. The salsa is thin and warm, but the heat sneaks up in the back of the throat, it was excellent. The chips are unlike any I have ever seen or eaten before, hot thick sturdy stabs to dip into the salsa, hardy enough to scoop up my refried beans without any problem. They are crispy but without being dry, unusual, and delicious.

The speciality of the house is the "red taco" with wine sauce. My husband ordered the steak, I had the tamales, both of us had a side of red taco. The wine sauce is in squirt bottle on the table. The red tacos were brought out on a plate as our appetizer. They are unlike anything I've ever seen or eaten before. First, the tortilla is really really really RED. The masa is thick, like the tortilla chips, but an unusual texture. Not exactly puffy, certain not thin, not crispy not chewy. A search of the web finds what ever it is is a secret, so the only way to experience this is to drive to Witchita Falls and eat it yourself.

Both entrees filled the plate. The tamales were among the best ever eaten, just the right balance of masa to meat. A red sauce covered the tamales, and again, a wonderful combination of flavors. The refried beans were clearly homemade. A thick slab of tortilla was covered with nacho cheese, crowned with a jalepeno slice.

The steak was chicken fried steak covered with chili. My husband was kind enough to share a few bites, and it was amazing burst of flavors; spicy and savory. I wondered, why aren't more places doing this?

For two drinks, two entrees, and two sides of red tacos, the price was just under $30. Given the size of the portions, I would say the portions were more than generous and an excellent price value.

Server checked back frequently to fill our tea glasses, provide another basket of chips (those slabs are addictive!), another bowl of salsa. It appeared all the wait staff were equally efficient and attentive to other customers. One waitress went in the back and reappeared with a bag of candy for a fussy child sitting next to us.

Five stars for:
Service...excellent
Food... excellent
Ambience..excellent.. I LOVED these booths

My husband and I are already planning another trip to Witchita Falls just to have another meal at this restaurant.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

The food, service and atmosphere here is always outstanding. Have been here many times and each time was a very pleasant experience. The food is superb and the wait time is very minimal.