“Good service; mediocre food”
Review of Rib Crib

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rib Crib
Ranked #47 of 239 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Our first trip to the Rib Crib will probably be our last. There was the grudging hostess who did seat us. The waitress was pleasant and brought drinks promptly. The food was the real problem. My spouse's chopped beef sandwich was passeable; not really the style of sauce we are accustomed to. My smoked chicken Caesar salad was very large with a sliced chicken breast on mostly iceberg lettuce. Sadly, the chicken was the only good part of the salad. There was hardly any leaf lettuce, just stems. The dressing was not very favorable, which made for bland over bland. Then, as I attempted to "stir" the salad, I found the rotten lettuce in the bottom of the bowl. At that point, I stopped. The pleasant waitress came by offering a "everything taste good?" I told her no and showed her the lettuce. From that point forward, Rib Crib did a great job. I was offered a fresh meal, which I declined. The manager came by and surprisingly, compted both of our meals.

If you like either very sweet or mustard based bar-b-q, you might give them a try. Just eat the meat, not the salad.

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Been in your restaurant three times. The last time, the girls at the front were unsure as to how to take my order, but eventually accommodated my needs. I waited a short while, and was off, on my way. When I got to my destination 20 minutes away, I discovered no loaf of bread as ordered was in my sack. I contacted the manager, who assured me who would make it right somehow. When? So disappointed that he didn't keep his word.

Reviewed May 19, 2013

We decided to try the bbq today while visiting my son and his family. I figured so what another
Run of the mill fast food kind of bbq. Wow were we ever surprised from the nicest greeting at front door to accomodate our party of 7 next we had one of the greatest waitress ever. After our orders arrived I began to think this might not be the dining experience than I was expecting. Yes I was correct, this was absolutely some of the best bbq that I have ever had and I have eaten bbq all over the country. Our drink glasses, which you get to take home were constantly being attended to and she made sure that we had full ones with lids before we left. All said this is one experience you rsrely ever get to enjoy and if you get a chance I hope you take advantage of this wichita falls gem.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Well they've been open for about 4-5 months and I just don't get the service in this place. It's BBQ...that means it's all pre-cooked...just cut and serve the meats, or scoop and serve the beans, potato salad, etc. Yet, they are incredibly SLOW. I don't know if it's the kitchen, servers, or both, but expect to wait at least 20 minutes for the food to hit your table. The so called baby back ribs were more like riblets...about 1-2 inches long with very little meat on them. The St Louis ribs were big and meaty. The sweet and spicy beans were good, while the ranch beans were not to my liking. The corn on the cob and the cobbler should never have been served. The corn was severly over-cooked and the cobler was like two pieces of cardboard with a smear of fruit in-between.
Summary: Over priced food with terrible service...Don't waste your time.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

This was our second trip in a month! Fantastic mouth watering ribs! I had the ribs and my wife had the combo with brisket and sausage. Both were cooked to perfection. I can not ear corn so I asked if I could have an extra coleslaw. No problem! Our waitress was excellent!

1  Thank jabberman_76366