“Expensive Mexican food! $6.49 margaritas?!?”
Review of El Fenix

El Fenix
Ranked #138 of 227 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Cuisines: Mexican
Texas
“Expensive Mexican food! $6.49 margaritas?!?”
Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

Nice atmosphere, great waiter, just OK food! But... EXPENSIVE! I'm from San Antonio and I love good Mexican food. It's not expensive to make. I had a simple salad with shrimp at $9.99. Hubby and daughter had chicken enchiladas. We all enjoyed 2 small margaritas apiece ($6.49 each!). The grand total was $97.00!!! OUCH! Won't return ... there's other Mexican restaurants with food just as good & less expensive!

1 Thank AidaTexas

Wichita Falls, Texas, USA
“Not bad... Probably won't go again.”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

When I first went to El Fenix, they said the wait would be a good 30 minutes. Turned out we got in very quickly within about 5.
The staff was extremely friendly and nice, not overbearing but always there when we needed something.
I wouldn't say the food was very authentic, or really that good I have to say. But it was out quick, and there was enough to fill me up.
Over all, it was nice but I wouldn't go there again.

• Visited November 2012
Wichita Falls, Texas
“1st timer”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

was very good and priced reasonable...had the baked tilapia,black beans,fresh spinach/mushrooms and rice...it was so very good...took a longer to get it but worth the wait...

Visited November 2012
Iowa Park, Texas, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very disappointed!!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

The waitress we had was slow, the food was sorry and not worth the price.We were very disappointed in the whole experience. We wont be going back any time soon.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Cathy T
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“"just o.k." Gringo Food”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

It isn't the wost Mexican food I've ever had (that would be Jalepeno Tree), but it certainly wasn't great. However, the service was really good and I do appreciate that. It may just be that I live in New Mexico and I'm spoiled be all the great Mexican places. I don't know, but the flavors were all off (very heavy on the Cilantro) and the chile had no heat. Eating there made me sick... well, homesick.

Visited September 2012