“Yum!”

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 9, 2014

Last week discovered Opa's as we stopped for the night in Wichita Falls. We used Tripadvisor to search for local restaurants, and were surprised to find a German one with such good reviews. Our waitress was so friendly and provided guidance as we made our selections. All choices were delicious! We tried several beers which were also great. I'd recommend Opa's to anyone wanting an authentic German meal.

4  Thank Cathy G

Reviewed July 6, 2014

I travel extensively, particularly in Germany, and finding Opa's in my own backyard is such a treat. A great selection of German beers on tap and in bottles, excellent schnitzel, fantastic onion soup and pretzels, and a friendly and caring waitstaff and owners makes this one of my favorite places in several hemispheres. I would put their German dishes on a par with what I get in Germany at my favorite restaurants there. Not cheap, but not expensive either. Highly recommend, and I bet if your experience is less than what you expected, talk to Opa and it will be made right. Anybody can have a bad day, but nothing I have had in numerous visits has been less than memorable, and the personal attention from the owner is something many establishments could learn from. Zehr gut!!

1  Thank Steve G
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Nice choices. Friendly service. Plenty of food for 2 to share a dish. Some choices on menu that are not german for those in group who don't want to try something new. Potatoes are wonderful.

1  Thank Jessica B
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Best pretzel ever! The dips were perfect, not just mustard... Great service. The food was a lot and we couldn't finish it so took it back to the hotel with our strudel. Wish we lived closer. German music had us happy and dancing in our seats. :)

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

A food Mecca Wichita is not as proved again by Opas. Wait staff was nice and we were one of only two tables in the whole place. Horribly designed inside and classless tables. Waitress was nice she was also the Hostess. If your looking to pack on the pounds with heavy fried German food this is the place Snitzels were ok, large portions, rich sides. Gravy could have been better. Another miss for Wichita really disappointing as you wish something that was not a chain could be better. Ps...Bad place to take a date.

1  Thank RussU2525