“Great Hotel for the money!”

Quality Inn & Suites
Ranked #18 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great Hotel for the money!”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Loved this hotel! I wasn't expecting it to be very nice because of other reviews which stated it was old but, the room was very nice, clean and spacious. We were in a suite (I didn't realize it was what I booked) and for $50 it was amazing! The beds were so comfortable, the pillows were great and the breakfast was more than enough (they had waffles, my favorite). It seemed to be in an older part of town but, I would recommend it to everyone and would gladly stay there again. We stayed at an high end hotel in San Antonio during the summer and other than the breakfast being more substantial there, the room we stayed in at the Quality Inn was just as nice and bigger as the high end hotel.

Room Tip: I selected a room with 2 queen beds and a sofa and ended up with a Suite. Didn't know that when...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Bobbie W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Frisco, Texas
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed here with friends for the Hotter 'N Hell 2012. Even though they jacked the prices up for an event, the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. It was very close to the downtown where the events were going on, which was convenient.

The breakfast wasn't very good but it was included, so I can't really complain.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank LaraN2009
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Reviewed September 4, 2012

For $50/night for a king room, I was not expecting a spectacular stay.

I figured it would be like the other $50/night rooms I stayed in in San Antonio a few months ago - decent, with an undertone of skeeviness you had to carefully ignore. I stayed from Fri, Aug. 31st until Sept. 3rd to visit my husband at Sheppard AFB. We were booked at the La Quinta originally, but after seeing the reviews here that mentioned bed bugs and calling them to see if the problem had been resolved (unknown; their desk insisted that they had not had any reports of bed bugs and were skeptical that reviewers had said as much), I cancelled and rebooked here.

The desk was courteous and quick. I never felt like an inconvenience. The lobby was clean and well-kept. Housekeeping was also nice, and efficient.

Contrary to a few of the other reviews, our room was in great shape.

It had plenty of outlets for charging devices, but some were difficult to access behind furniture, so I recommend bringing a power strip anyway. The room cooled quickly once I turned the A/C on. The bed was soft, and very comfortable the pillows are very soft; just keep it in mind if you prefer firmer. No staining or apparent filth on the linens, couch, or carpeting. Our room had a microwave, fridge, and coffee maker; all worked fine. Furnishing has minor cosmetic scuffing
The wifi was fast and they readily provided the login info at check-in - I've stayed places where it turned into a scavenger hunt to find it on the info cards scattered around the room.

Lighting in the bathroom is a little dim, and the shower's water pressure was a little lower than what I was used to - it also didn't get very warm.

Breakfast was better than normal continental - they had scrambled eggs, and my husband says the biscuits and gravy were pretty good. Be aware that the breakfast area is a tad on the small side; it felt very cramped. It may be better to just bring a plate up to your room.

The water in the hotel does taste a little off; when I commented on it, my husband mentioned that pretty much all the water in Wichita Falls is like that at the moment due to the drought. The water at the restaurants we ate at is the same, as is the water on base, so I won't be knocking the Quality Inn points for it; nothing they can do, after all.

The hotel is located close to a gas station, a couple of convenience stores, and is a half mile from an El Chico's (excellent) and a China Star buffet (decent). There's also a Long John Silver's and a Denny's nearby.

All in all, not a bad place to spend a weekend. I have stayed in two-stars that were far worse. If you need a good stay on a budget, you can't really go wrong at the Wichita Falls Quality Inn & Suites.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank oddsocks1013
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Very pleasant and efficient young lady checked me in around 9 pm, suggested I take a dip in the pool before it closed at 10. Directed me (accurately) to the closest outside door to my very clean and comfortable room. I never made it to the pool because once I got my ice and drink, I laid across the pillow top bed with the three yummy pillows and fell asleep. The alarm clock worked, and I got up well rested. When I checked out, there was a good-sized offering in the breakfast area (not just pastries and cereal) at 6:45 am. After a very long day, this room was wonderful! Thanks!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank S S
Plainview, Texas, United States
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband & I spent this past weekend here. I must say the STAFF was GREAT! Heather checked us in & she was DELIGHTFULLY POLITE & VERY HELPFUL. Crystal check us out & was VERY POLITE as well. Our room was GREAT, VERY CLEAN, & VERY REASONABLY PRICED. We MOST DEFINITELY will be staying here again on our next visit to the Wichita Falls, Texas area. THANK YOU SO MUCH!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Vilonia, Arkansas
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We've stayed at this hotel 3 times in the last year and it just got worse each time. The last time we just left and went somewhere else. They did not have any soap in the bathroom, and the remote control would not work on the tv. All 3 times the same girl has been at the desk and she acts like she doesn't care if you stay there or not. The place has a strong sewer smell each time, and they try to cover it up with cigar smoke. Our daughter lives in this town but we will never stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank Karen V
Greenville
Reviewed July 26, 2012

Booked our room through Choice Privelages. When we arrived we were expecting to swim. We were told pool was closed due to maintenance. We couldn't get out of our booking because we booked same day and we knew this. (just didn't know pool was closed) Went to room to get unpacked and it felt like the heater was on. Went down and told front desk and she said it was because it was on the 3rd floor and it was hot. We said fine we would go to the movies and to eat and maybe it will cool down. Arrived back at 12:00-12:30 am and room was still hot. Told front desk which was a different person. They checked a room 3 doors down and moved us with no problem. Took a while to get to sleep because we had to wait to cool down. Breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Old window a/c units
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family