“My local favorite”

Cuisines: Mexican
Burkburnett, Texas
“My local favorite”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I didn't see exactly what I wanted on the menu - no problem! They made it special for me, everything fresh. MMmmm. And the marguerita's! Be careful if you have to drive...they sneak up on you.

Cincinnati
“Big plates”
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Excellent chips and salsa. The pepper-cheese dip is wonderful. The food is ample but very typical for a Mexican restaurant. Service was good and quick.

• Visited July 2011
Jacksonville, North Carolina
“Nice restaurant, great salsa”
Reviewed July 9, 2011

We ate at the Don Jose about mid-afternoon and it wasn't very crowded. The enchilada's are very good and very fresh. I had the beef and the wife had the cheese enchiladas. They are served with a good chili sauce. Though the enchiladas were very good, the salsa is probably the best I ever had in a restaurant. It was very fresh.
The restaurant is in an older building off the beaten path. I guess I have been spoiled by the states that banned smoking in restaurants, but Texas still has the smoking/no smoking sections. So if smoke offends you, you are going to smell the reek when you enter the door. We had a good non-smoke meal, but it was a slow time. The only thing that divided us from the smoking section was a wall that is open at the top (I'm sure you remember them). The service was decent, but not spectacular...but we were there at an off time. I guess I could sum it up as very good food in a very so-so atmosphere.

• Visited July 2011