“Only Thai place in WF, but nothing great about it.”
Review of Thai Orchid

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Thai Orchid
Ranked #110 of 234 Restaurants in Wichita Falls
Cuisines: Thai
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Thai Orchid is the only Thai restaurant in Wichita Falls that I know about, and it's pretty slow inside. We went for dinner one day, and ordered 2 beers... one was cold cause you can see the condensation, and the other was warm at room temperature. A biker guy in a bandana took our food order, which I thought was odd. The food was okay though, tasted like normal Thai food. We got a chicken fried rice and a Thai curry plate. We'd be more willing to come back if they worked on the atmosphere. It was a big restaurant with lots of tables and chairs, but just seemed so dead and gloomy inside.

1  Thank Lucy D

Reviewed October 4, 2011

Atmosphere was odd (Italian decorations from, what I can guess, the previous restaurant that was here), the lighting was extremely dark to the point you could not read the menu, you could feel the springs in the booth seating, and the food was not appetizing. I would not recommend this place to anyone, even if they were craving Thai.

Reviewed October 20, 2010

I was visiting the area on business and this restaurant was near the hotel I was staying at. The sign advertised "authentic", it was a far cry from that. I kept it simple and ordered veggie spring rolls and veggie stir fry with fried rice. The spring rolls were not light and crispy as I am used to having them preparedr, These were bulky, thickly wrapped and overly deep fried. I only could stomach a half of one, The "stir fry veggies consisted of zuccini, carrots, broccoli, onion, mushrooms and baby corn. No garlic, ginger or chili. It was quite basic and bland. The fried rice was just rice mixed with nothing more then soy sauce. This restaurant may have been a nice place to eat in past years, But for me this was the worst food I've had in the 4 day visit to this city. Recommend Freds Catfish (Buffet), Hibiscus Cafe (Greek).

1  Thank Prtbrniz
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Bland horrible food - and I like Thai food - but not at this restaurant.

Reviewed April 10, 2010

When we first arrived 45 minutes after opening on a Thursday evening, we were the only customers. We were somewhat nervous as we walked in to an older establishment. However, the food was tasty and the service was acceptable. The Thai curry and egg rolls were particularly good. More customers arrived as we dined. We enjoyed our meal at a reasonable price, but would rate it as average.