“Awesome place to stay”

Ranked #10 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Columbus, Ohio
“Awesome place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2012

I really liked this hotel. It has a feel of a higher class hotel, but the prices were actually lower than worse hotels I stayed in about the same time. It's a little difficult to get to, tucked away behind the main street. It is surrounded by food within walking distance, and it has a really nice breakfast area and even a little lounge area in the main lobby. I didn't get a chance to eat breakfast, so I can't comment on the actual breakfast. The room was okay, fairly average, but it seemed brighter and cleaner than your average Super 8. All in all, it was a budget hotel, but it seems like they actually made a effort to be more. I would love to stay again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Draper, Utah
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2011

As you would expect, this was one of the lower-priced chains in this area, so I had low expectations. The room as definitely no frills but was clean and comfortable. The hotel was quiet, even though I was there on a Friday night. It is close to a grocery store. The room advertised free wifi but I didn't have a chance to try it. There was a mini fridge and microwave in the room. There was a complimentary breakfast starting at 6am but I have to leave before that.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Somerville, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2011

We stayed here on our way back to central TX from our vacation in Co. It was early Sept. of this year. The area was nothing to write home about and worried me but the room was clean the beds comfortable and staff friendly. As they say 'you get what you pay for" only in this case I do believe we got a little more value. I would certainly stay here again!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

Clean, comfortable, good breakfast, excellent staff. When I asked the staff, what time breakfast was over (concerned that my toddlers were not going to get to eat); they brought me disposable cups and plates so I couldtake my babies breakfast. The staff made this hotel excellent!!! I have never stayed in a Super 8. If every Super 8 is as good as this one, I've been missing out!

• Stayed August 2011
Aiea, Hawaii
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2011

Seems to have improved from the other reviews as my pillows were fine, the beds adequate, and the price of 3 Jacksons for two adults, fair. Nothing stood out about the room other than it had no closet. We were on the second floor and the elevator to get to it was old, but felt safe. It was rather warm in the hallways though and this lent itself to a slight musty odor in the air. I did not notice it once I was in my room. There was no sanitary issues with the bathroom and the towels were standard hotel issue. The bagel and cereal breakfast was basic, but at the price we paid, I could have not received it and still thought I got my moneys worth. Aside from the few locals in the lobby chatting up and distracting the teenage girls behind the desk, check-in was fast and check-out was even faster.

It serves its purpose as an interstate motel that lets you rest up for the next leg of your road-trip. I would stay here again if I needed a place to sleep as I drove through Wichita Falls.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
College Station, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night on our way across TX. It was cheap. You get what you pay for. the mattress was probably the worst I've ever encountered at a hotel in the US and the pillows reminded me of the kind that we throw away or use for pets at home. The hotel was clean and convenient, but I would look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank rwoodwar
WFS8, Manager at Super 8 Wichita Falls, responded to this review, May 5, 2011
I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as pleasant as we should have made it for you. I would like to invite you back to our hotel to show you that we can give you value for your dollar. Please accept my sincere regrets about the pillows and I have since replaced all pillows in my hotel to correct that problem.

Errol Hancock
Super 8
wichita falls
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2010

Me and a couple of my buddys from the base stayed here over the weekend. Awesome! Clean rooms and very clean bathroom....Had a microwave and fridge...Will stay here over and over...Good job over there!!!!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends