Super 8 Wichita Falls
Ranked #9 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Reviewed September 2, 2011

Seems to have improved from the other reviews as my pillows were fine, the beds adequate, and the price of 3 Jacksons for two adults, fair. Nothing stood out about the room other than it had no closet. We were on the second floor and the elevator to get to it was old, but felt safe. It was rather warm in the hallways though and this lent itself to a slight musty odor in the air. I did not notice it once I was in my room. There was no sanitary issues with the bathroom and the towels were standard hotel issue. The bagel and cereal breakfast was basic, but at the price we paid, I could have not received it and still thought I got my moneys worth. Aside from the few locals in the lobby chatting up and distracting the teenage girls behind the desk, check-in was fast and check-out was even faster.

It serves its purpose as an interstate motel that lets you rest up for the next leg of your road-trip. I would stay here again if I needed a place to sleep as I drove through Wichita Falls.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed January 2, 2011

We stayed here for 1 night on our way across TX. It was cheap. You get what you pay for. the mattress was probably the worst I've ever encountered at a hotel in the US and the pillows reminded me of the kind that we throw away or use for pets at home. The hotel was clean and convenient, but I would look elsewhere next time.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rwoodwar
WFS8, Manager at Super 8 Wichita Falls, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2011

I am sorry to hear that your stay was not as pleasant as we should have made it for you. I would like to invite you back to our hotel to show you that we can give you value for your dollar. Please accept my sincere regrets about the pillows and I have since replaced all pillows in my hotel to correct that problem.

Errol Hancock
Super 8

Reviewed October 21, 2010

Me and a couple of my buddys from the base stayed here over the weekend. Awesome! Clean rooms and very clean bathroom....Had a microwave and fridge...Will stay here over and over...Good job over there!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I decided to stay at the super 8 just because it had a good price and i was trying to stay on a budget i just stayed there recently and it was HORRIBLE! The ac that we had in the room was leaking everytime i turned it on the service was horrible they charged my husband three times and we only stayed one night. And the bed sheets made me itch terribly and there so much thumping and noises that came from the second floor i advise everyone to stay at the la quinta inn!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 19, 2010

So I think some of these posted reviews are faked, let me tell you how it is.

Check in: Fine, fast, easy.
Hotel in general: Very old. Very very very very old. Acceptably clean, not spotless, but adequate. No noticeable smoke smell. King bed room was fine, no closet. Good bed. Once ice machine on first floor, sort of annoying.
Breakfast: Cereals, Danishes, Plain Bagels, Coffee, Orange juice, Milk.
Maid Service: Didn't happen. Stayed two nights, was gone all day, room not cleaned. Very disappointed at this. Front desk did provide extra towels when requested, and trash bags.
Check-out: Fine
Area: Sort of sketchy. But it's WF.. sketchy basically means redneck.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 14, 2010

We have stopped here more than once. It is a good hotel to stop at when looking for a quick overnight stop. It was clean and the price was right. The bathroom looked like it had been redone recently. The shower was strong and hot. The only down side was the hallways didn't seem to be air conditioned...the roon A/C was good. The buffet breakfast was good, but the area was small.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 7, 2009

Our room was quite small, reasonably clean, good shower. All in all a good value. This is an older hotel, water tasted heavily of chlorine. Breakfast: hot & cold cereal, doughnuts, bagels, hot & cold beverages.

Watch out for extra charges. They held $5 toward any long-distance phone bills. It was refunded on check-out. There is a computer in the lobby for guests to use. It has a sign with applicable charges.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple