“Perfect”

Wichita Star Hotel
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
“Perfect”
Reviewed February 28, 2014 via mobile

After our disastrous stay at the Holiday inn we relocated to the Lexington suites. Our stay has been absolutely perfect. The only complaints I have are that the hallway carpets needed to be vacuumed but I attribute it to being a weekend and most of the housekeeping staff was gone. Second complaint was my hot water problem. I could not receive hot water on the third floor. This issue was quickly remedied. The front desk staff quickly offered a new room and even offered to help us move. Neither of these issues will keep me from rating this hotel an outstanding rating, from their front desk staff to their rooms.

• Stayed February 2014
2 Thank F16wpnz
Heike M, General Manager at Wichita Star Hotel, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear F16wpnz,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to tell us about your recent stay with us.
I always appreciate feedback whether it is good or bad as this allows us to improve and excel our guests expectations
The staff strives each and every day to ensure our guests receive excellent quality service.
I am very happy to read that you enjoyed the room we needed to move you to and we have since repaired the hot water line in the previous room you occupied.

I am looking forward to welcome you again here at the Lexington Suites.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,
Heike Misner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed January 25, 2014

PROS: convenient location, many restaurants/shops nearby, spacious room, abundant parking space, pet friendly, friendly staff, good internet speed, decent breakfast selection

CONS: not very clean (I stayed with my dog in a room I believed was used for travelers with pet only and you could tell lots of products were used in the past for cleaning and therefore changed the texture of the carpet), some of the towels were obviously grayish while some were white, off brand (made in china) toiletry product offered in the room and the bottles seemed to be used before and refilled, staff worked really hard in the morning but still couldn't handle the morning rush for breakfast (many times you had to wait there for the strays to be refilled), coffee grinds in the coffee, dirty computer chair in the room (dark color spill, cushion was almost completely collapsed)

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed December 31, 2013

next to a clean room and a comfortable bed, a great staff makes the hotel. appreciated the pleasantness and hospitality of front desk and housekeeping making sure we had whatever we needed. great customer service!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Qunicy J,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review.
We hope to see you soon at the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls, Texas.

In the Spirit of Hospitality,

Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed December 21, 2013 via mobile

We were happy to find a nice clean room that welcomed our rat terrier.The man at the front desk was very nice and helpful there is also a little fenced in area in back for you're dog to use,it's not the Ritz but its very accommodating for people traveling with pets,we would stay here again

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Heike M, General Manager at Wichita Star Hotel, responded to this review, December 23, 2013
Dear Mawde61,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with me.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our dog run.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and I am hoping to welcome you again here at the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls, Texas/

Reviewed December 20, 2013 via mobile

Room was spacious, clean, comfortable and everything worked well. Breakfast was as good as any I have had for free. Not the Ritz Carlton but I would definitely stay here again. The only negative that I could see was they need to replace the carpet.

Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear REOsborn,

I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay here with us.
Since your last stay with us we just finished replacing the carpeting in the hallways and we are looking forward to your next stay with us,.

Coahoma, Texas
Reviewed December 2, 2013

The hotel was easy to find, and location was in close proximity to shopping and restaraunts. Check in was easy - BUT they had us staying in the seperate building across the parking lot from the main hotel, which was odd. The building wasn't far away but it wasn't what we expected since we didn't even know there was a seperate building on the property. The carpets in the hallway were worn so badly that they were completely white in spots (carpet was maroon), and it looked like the building had been neglected to some extent. The room was large and open but in need of some minor cosmetic maintenance. However, the beds were pretty comfortable and we did get a good night's sleep. Luckily we only stayed one night and didn't spend much time in the room. The full breakfast the next morning (at the main part of the hotel) was very good and had a nice variety, and the waitstaff were extremely polite and friendly. We might stay there again if passing through but would request a room in the main portion of the hotel as it was much more updated and seemed to be the better of the accomadations..

Room Tip: Request a room in the main building of the hotel.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear Kelly S,

I want to take this opportunity to thank you for sharing your review about your stay with me.
I am excited to inform you that we recently just replaced the hallway carpeting in both buildings and I hope you like it as much as we do.
I do apologize that you had to stay in our secondary building. Due to the design of the Hotel certain Room types are only available in the building you have stayed in. Please do give us a call when you make your next reservation and we will be more than happy to assign you to a room in the main building.
Once again, thank you for your feedback and I am looking forward to your next stay here at the Lexington Suites.

Petaluma, California
Reviewed November 27, 2013

I have stayed here before, but this time I noticed that the carpets in the hallways were shabby and worn, and the breakfast had less variety than previously. I spoke to the front desk about the coffee being truly awful, and was told they couldn't do anything about it, as it was a corporate matter. Good value, but I guess you do get what you pay for.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Dear CCAnnie66,

I appreciate you taking the time to write about your stay here at the Lexington Suites.
The feedback of my guests is very important to me as it lets me know where we excel and where we may need improvement to maintain our high standards.
I do agree with you that the carpet in the hallways needed to be replaced and I am very happy to let you know that we have just completed replacing the carpeting in both buildings and will take your comment about the coffee into consideration when we switch the brand of the coffee.
Once again, I do apologize about the taste of the coffee and hope that we can be of service to you in the future,