“Needed a good sleep and meal !”
Review of Wichita Star Hotel

Wichita Star Hotel
Ranked #13 of 25 Hotels in Wichita Falls
Reviewed March 11, 2013

Been driving all day and late T night, needed a place for a good sleep and meal the next morning. This place was IT ! The bed was super comfortable and the pillows were great, then when we got up, breakfast was really really good. We had as choice of biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, sausage links, cereal, and the orange juice was good, as well. The shower had good water pressure, all was good.

We saved at least 40% at this place as opposed to staying at a Big Chain hotel. If you want to pay the extra 40% for plush carpeting, plush towels, fancy soaps, etc, then that's your choice, but we like to look for good deals, no this is it, with no sacrifice on sleep or the breakfast.

Two thumbs up for this place and their staff and service!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Heike M, General Manager at Wichita Star Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear Coachphlieg,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to share your feedback with us.
We realize that friendliness and courtesy are essential qualities that our guests are looking for when deciding on where to stay. Our Guests always come first and the staff and myself always go above and beyond to exceed your expectations.
I have shared your review with the staff and also took the freedom to use your review in our Training sessions.
I am looking forward to welcoming you again here at the Lexington Suites in Wichita Falls, Texas.

There are newer reviews for Wichita Star Hotel

Reviewed March 2, 2013

I loved the hotel the Front desk clerk was very helpful he gave an absolutely great recommendation for restaurant and gave great directions. The room was excellent I was missing some towels but the front desk had them ready to go so it wasn't much inconvenience. Breakfast was great i loved the variety. All around great stay and i will absolutely come back

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Lisa O.,

I do apologize about the inconvenience you experienced about not having any towels in your room, it appears as if our Housekeeping Staff forgot to place them in the room. However, I am pleased to read that the Front Desk was quick to help you and provided you with everything you needed. Once again, I do apologize about this error and hope you consider us again for your future lodging needs.

Reviewed March 1, 2013

This is probably my third time at staying at this establishment, and every single time I am pleased. Being on a budget, I think I get AWESOME quality for what I pay. The front desk is always so nice, and my room is always so comfortable.The internet was a little slow, but I'm excited to hear that they are getting a whole new system in the next couple weeks and should be up and running by my next stay. As always, a great stay and I will of course return!

Room Tip: The room with 2 beds and a sofa that pulls out is awesome if you are traveling with your family!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mary Jo,

Thank you for choosing us again on your visit to Wichita Falls. It is always a pleasure to read feedback from our repeat guests. I also wanted to inform you that our Internet Installation is now finalized so that our guests can enjoy unlimited and much much fast Internet in every corner of the Hotel.
Again, thank you so much for your review and we hope to see you on your next visit.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

My Husband and I have stayed at a lot of Hotels around the world and this is by far one of the best Hotels we have ever stayed at. We have stayed at big name hotels and we have always ran into some sort of issues, not with this one. From the minute we arrived to when we checked out, the staff actually made us feel like they cared about us.
You have to drive a little through the town to get to it, but it was worth it. The room was very clean and very guiet.
I LOVE their chocolate chip cookies and pigs in a blanket they serve during their evening social.
We will definitely stay there again when we are back in town.

Room Tip: The suites are very spacious
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Anthony G,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to share your review with me.
I am delighted to read your review and have shared it with the staff as well.
Our guests at the Lexington Suites always come first and we are happy to know that we exceeded your expectations.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed a few nights at the Lexington to celebrate our engagement. Everyone at the desk was very helpful. The room we were in was very comfortable and spacious and very affordable for someone on a budget. All together was a great stay.

Room Tip: room with fireplace is great
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear EddieC,

Congratulations on your engagement!!
I appreciate you taking the time to share your lodging experience with me. The staff of the Lexington Suites strives each day to ensure that our guests are provided with excellent service and we are very happy to read that we provided you with that.
We are looking forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

I have stayed at Lexington Suites in Wichita several times for business. The service is always great and very accommodating. The rooms are comfortable and the pricing is good. They also serve snacks everyday at around 6:00. Overall, the value at Lexington is great!

• Stayed: February 2013

Dear Jonmc2001,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We take great pride in providing excellent service and quality accommodations at affordable prices.
I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay as well as the staff and our Evening Social.
The Staff and I are looking forward to your next stay with us.

In the spirit of Hospitality,

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Where should I start? Customer service, what customer service? Walked in to no one behind the desk and an agent just hanging out in the lobby. Lobby is visually appealing for a 2-2.5 star property, but people need to be working, not playing! On to the room, do housekeepers even work here? Dust galore, trash under my sink, and a stale smell. However, the room was spacious and had potential to be fantastic. The breakfast was just okay. NO THRILLS. I will honestly say, I picked this hotel based on the growing brand and i guess in Wichita Falls they don't have the same standards as other properties. THis was closer to what i would expect at a Motel, not HOTEL!!!!NEVER AGAIN!!!

Room Tip: room 101 i believe. Close to the dog run!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear Anthony,
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service you received during your stay with us.
You were promised a clean room and there is no excuse that we failed to provide you with that.
Please be assured that I have taken corrective measurements to prevent this from happening in the future by implementing further training in the Housekeeping Department. Please accept my sincere apologies and I hope you give us another chance to extend our hospitality and to show you that our guests truly do come first.