“Good family time”

River Bend Nature Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Hours: Monday-Friday 9am-5pm, Saturday 10am-4pm, and Sunday 12pm-4pm. River Bend Nature Center (RBNC) is a 20 acre, non-profit environmental education facility. River Bend connects people to their natural environment through educational activities, environmental awareness, and conservation examples. Our most popular attractions are the Ruby N. Priddy Butterfly and Nature Conservatory, Peyton’s Place, the Bryant Edwards Learning Center, the River Bottom Forest Trail, and the United Children’s Garden. Peyton’s Place is filled with flowering plants and hundreds of gorgeous, living butterflies. The Bryant Edwards Learning Center contains over 30 live exhibits, such as turtles, salamanders, insects, and frogs. There is always plenty to see and observe! The Ruby N. Priddy Butterfly and Nature Conservatory is a one-of-a-kind, state-of-the-art, 7,000 sq. ft. glass structure. It is home to prairie dogs, fish, turtles, and butterflies, and is landscaped with prairie grasses, trees, shrubs, and wildflowers of the Rolling Plains. RBNC has over 17 acres of bottom land forest, trails, gardens, and wetlands. Come on out and see River Bend Nature Center, it is truly a special place to explore and learn.
Reviewed April 2, 2014

My family and me had unforgettable experience in this place. So much fun and joy to see passion for work, kindness and friendliness of staff. We had Kevin (very nice, polite and knowledgeable guy) as a guide and he opened for us amazing world of wild nature. He gave us colorful descriptions of every stone,animal and plant. Everybody has a names and story behind. You can touch and pet everything, see everything very close, and ot gives you incredible feeling of involvement in wild nature. That was the most enjoyable part of our visit. Thank you Kevin for assistance and your professionalism... Thank you guys for great enviroment, friendly atmosphere and very educated team!

2  Thank Rita Eva J
"every summer"
"fun experience"
"birthday party"

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I take my grandkids, ages 6 & 8, here often. They love seeing the insects and animals. There are knowledgeable people to explain all about them. They get a lot of enjoyment out of the activities also.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

Growing center especially neat @ the Holiday season ! Staff extremely helpful and kind to visitors of all ages! Family friendly and they treasure the community

Reviewed November 25, 2013 via mobile

Every trip I've made to Riverbend is better than the last one! The docents and employees are knowledgeable and friendly. Very eager to share their excitement of such a neat place. If you are lucky a butterfly will land on your shoulder! My grandkids are still talking about it!

See more reviews
Reviewed August 22, 2013

I took my 3 boys' ages 5, 7, and 9 in August about 2 hours before closing time for the nature center. At first glance the center seems bland. We were the only visitors. Not many exhibits Not a very large space. As we tried to navigate on our own, the few cased animals were in hiding so we did not see much. Just as we were nearly done with the center, we stumbled upon Kevin. Kevin enhanced our visit and made it all worth while. He took the time and patiently shared his vast knowledge about the animals, plants and insects. He was considerate of all questions from my little ones and answered them in a patient manner to which they could understand. He gave my boys an up close and personal hands on experience with some of the exhibits that my boys are thrilled to have had. Without Kevin's presence with us, this could have easily been a meaningless trip.

3  Thank hebkram