“Nice resort, but not worth the money!”
Review of White Bluff Resort

White Bluff Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Whitney
Reviewed July 17, 2010

We stayed at the Inn for 2 nights. The resort itself is very nice & well maintained. The room, which was a lakeview room for 150.00 a night was not worth it. The view was nice. The room had 2 queen beds, which were hard as a rock & they were like mini queen beds. They were very small, I swear they were doubles instead of queens. The room was mediocore, nothing fancy at all. The tv was old & didn't work well. We had I think 12 tv stations. Very lame. We ate at the Lighthouse restaurant, which was good, but again, not worth the money & there was a big party there, so our service lacked. But food was good. Swimming pools were very nice & the staff was friendly. But definitely not worth the 150.00 a night. The room needed a mini fridge along with it.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
8  Thank richdeblove
There are newer reviews for White Bluff Resort

Reviewed January 28, 2010

I stayed at White Bluff while attending a conference in their Business Conference center. You drive a good ways from the main entrance. The road is winding, and you cross a covered wooden bridge, through a beautiful residential area, and just when you think you've made a wrong turn somewhere, you're at the Inn. The registration building, pool, spa, conference center, restaurant, and Inn are all together, so walking from one building to the other is no problem at all.

The rooms are very comfortable, extremely clean, and recently remodeled (I heard it is actually all new because a fire had destroyed the Inn a few years ago.) Each of the rooms has a door and window onto a private balcony with a table and chairs. Ask for a lake-view room--the view is gorgeous! The only problem, was that the bed was not comfortable at all. It wasn't that it was too firm or too soft. It was like sleeping on a cardboard box. I didn't sleep well at all. The Inn is super quiet. I didn't hear a peep, and I know the place was full!

The bathroom might be small for two people getting dressed at the same time, but I was staying alone, so it was perfectly fine for me. Towels were large and fluffy, and there were plenty of them. Amenities were the usual - soap, shampoo, conditioner, and mouthwash. I forgot my toothpaste, and was given a complimentary toothpaste by the registration people.

This place is extremely clean! Even the carpet/floors. I always wear shoes, slippers, or socks when I'm in a hotel, and I noticed when I was packing to leave that the bottoms of my new slippers didn't even look like I'd worn them.

The Lighthouse restaurant actually looks like a lighthouse, so you can't miss it. You can sit at a table by the windows and look out over the lake, or wander out onto the deck. The food was delicious--I can't think of anything I didn't like. The bar drinks were a little pricey, but worth it. For breakfast, we went to the Trophy Grille, which is connected to the the pro shop on the golf course. Breakfast was very tasty. It was a good drive, but the scenery was so enjoyable we didn't mind. There are amazing deer and turkies roaming everywhere! And LOTS of them (they are very safe -- hunting is prohibited.)

The conference center is wonderful--one of the best facilities I've been to. It can be one huge room, or several smaller rooms created by accordian dividers. Shuttered windows line all of the walls, and french doors onto the patio. Our group had refreshments in the morning, snacks in the afternoons, and all was refreshed without having to ask.

The spa is really beautiful. It is in a separate building that shares a parking lot with the conference center. When you walk in, you'll immediately feel it is very soothing, calm and relaxing. The spa includes a full beauty salon offering hair and nail treatments; and a full workout room with all of the equipment you'd ever need. They offer just about every spa treatment you can think of! Wish I'd have had time for a massage, a facial, or just a manicure!

I could not get a wi-fi signal in my room until the last day, but there are lan lines in the conference center that worked fine. Also, when making a call from my cell phone, I had some trouble getting a signal sometimes, but the rooms do have phones. So if you want a relaxing trip to get away from it ALL, this is your place! You're miles away from any city life, and it feels that way. It's remote, but certainly not rustic at all. You can read, golf, be pampered at the spa, swim, fish, or just enjoy the wildlife and view.

I highly recommend White Bluff for a conference, church retreat, a romantic trip, or just for relaxation.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank HowzTrxx
Reviewed March 16, 2009

For starters, we were literally the only guests present on a weekend when the weather was chilly, yet they still saw it necessary to put us in rooms that were parking lot side instead of lake view. When we decided to play nine more holes late in the evening you would have thought we were asking them to work a graveyard shift. They charged us full price for the nine holes (and were kind of rude about it) and we didn't have any cart service the entire stay.

The courses are pretty good. I thought the old one had a lot more character than the new one. To be fair though the resort dining and wait staff service was actually excellent.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank KennyPowers
Reviewed July 2, 2008

We originally found White Bluff through an add advertising their lots. We had a wonderful trip to and from the resort 2 yrs ago. So much so we bought a lot. Since then we have moved close to the resort, but not in the resort, however, we do visit White Bluff often, especially when we have company coming in from town. The amenities are wonderful, from their pools to the spa to just going to the lighthouse for dinner and entertaining on the deck with old friends. I also will grab a dog or two and head to the water or marina and play in the water. We have stayed at the hotel/Inn and the condos when traveling back and forth before we moved. They were wonderful. The fire was tough, but they got through it and were back up and running right away. The experience we have had with staff is just like you would at any other rest. or hotel. Some take their positions seriously and others it is just a job. If you have had a bad experience, let top management know. It does not nor should it ever be a reflection on the resort. White Bluff is one of the most fantastic resorts to be a property owner in and there are so many more pluses than negatives. I would and do recommend this resort to everyone I meet. I am proud to be a part of it.

Stayed: July 2008
2  Thank Vintage444
Reviewed June 26, 2008

My family and I stayed at this resort and booked a condo for four nights at a cost of close to $1,700. The first evening of our stay both toilets were blocked and we called late that evening to have someone look at it. It took until the following morning and a second call to get that resolved.

Management of the resort is unresponsive to customer complaints not only at the time, but after I contacted them to complain upon returning home they told me that there would be no compensation or reduction in the fee.

Miserable folks to work with and they have no regard for their customers.

Stay away!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank SurfdadCPA
Reviewed October 16, 2007

I stayed at White Bluff in the Heartwood Condo's October 1st-7th. The condo was very clean, and well equipped. The greens and fairways were in excellent shape. Fishing on Whitney was fair as the water was too calm, but we caught fish everyday we went fishing. The staff were very friendly, and the food at the Lighthouse was great. The only thing I did not like is that there is no WIFI at the condos and you have to drive over to the Cascades. Since they are doing all of their operations there it is noisy and has a lot of in and out traffic. They have a table there for you to work at, but right now it is covered with pumpkins and fall leaves with very little room to work. There is no new constuction on the part of the Inn that burned.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed June 24, 2006

We stayed at the hotel at White Bluff Resort. It was very clean, and the rooms were spacious enough for the two of us. The resturant next to the hotel, has great food and a very good menu for different selections of food. We enjoyed evrything about the resort.....the golf, the fitness center, food, and great views of the lake. We did not use the marina, but it looked to be maintained very well.

7  Thank rbatsun
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitney
La Quinta Inn & Suites Hillsboro
#6 of 10 in Hillsboro
Arrowhead Resort
Arrowhead Resort
#1 of 2 in Whitney

Been to White Bluff Resort? Share your experiences!