See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 22, 2013

We spent our anniversary at this beautiful lakeside resort in Cabin 4 and enjoyed the Jacuzzi,
fed the peacocks and just relaxed. The cabin was small but clean and the breakfast pie and pastries were great tasting. No need to take an alarm clock as the white peacock gave us a wakeup call both mornings at exactly 7:20 a.m. Gary and Mel are a very nice couple who are very helpful and were willing to answer all of our questions including nice places to visit and how to get there. The beach is accessible beyond 2 fences, but is mainly gravel and mud, so the pool is probably your best bet. We were there a bit early in the spring as well as being mid-week so we missed out on the activities offered.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Thanks to Gary and Melinda for the great experience. We showed up an hour early because we didn't pay close attention to our reservation e-mail. Melinda said she had the rooms ready anyways and that it was no trouble to go ahead and check us in. We stayed the weekend after Labor Day which may have been a slower weekend and she upgraded our room for the same price. They are always very accomodating and have really made this property a peaceful, inviting place to stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 4, 2012

One of the reasons we come back to this resort a couple of times a year is they keep things fresh. We reserved a pontoon boat and they discounted it because we were staying in one of the cabins. It's really nice to be able to spend a day on the lake, come back to your cabin in relax and clean up, and then dine on one of the best prime rib dinners we've ever had. Be sure to plan ahead for the best views of the lake though. Some of the rooms have better views than others. Back to work and reality tomorrow but we will return next summer.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank TexKeystone
Reviewed August 7, 2012

If you want a place to start making your family memories and traditions, this is the place. This rustic resort on the banks of Lake Whitney is a great family destitution. Our family found this diamond in the rough over 6 years ago and have been making it a yearly “get away” spot ever since. They have a long list of fun filled actives and adventures to keep the entire family occupied. This list includes: fishing, swimming in the pool or the lake, boating, canoeing, horseback riding, shuffle board, basketball, or just finding a nice quite place under one of the large shade trees to read a good book. The kids will love all the animals, from petting Crystal and Dixie the miniature horse, to feeding the blue or white peacocks, to trying to spot the pair of gray foxes to only come out at night. Every year we make new friends during a long relaxing dip in the pool or over a great meal at Mel’s. So bring your cameras and start making your memories at this great little get away. Sharon and David, Euless Texas

Room Tip: We love cabin 17 for the family.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Arrowhead Resort at Lake Whitney is a beautiful and well maintained resort. Gary and Melinda Crow (and their staff) were very pleasant. Travel is required in my business but I don’t mind because I always stay at 4-5 Star properties and I must say Arrowhead Resort is a close comparable. I stayed in a Jacuzzi Suite with a great bed, a complete entertainment center, great homemade cinnamon rolls and OJ each morning and outstanding views of Lake Whitney. Everything was clean and comfortable and I not only caught up on my rest and reading, I stayed connected to the world via their fast WIFI network.
There were many photo opportunities between the horses (both large and small), colorful peacocks and the incredibly beautiful sunsets over the lake. The resort is located close to Lakeside Park’s so the opportunity to go for hikes on and off property were not a problem. Not only are Canoes available you can rent a pontoon boat from the Crows and enjoy the lake. The boat was easy to handle, safe and Gary made everything convenient for my visiting family and I to have an afternoon playing on (and in) the water.
The Friday and Saturday menu at Mel’s Steakhouse is outstanding. The only problem was that it was so good I eat too much. The gift shop at the office and restaurant entrance had many unique items allowing for some early Christmas gift shopping.
Gary and Melinda keep their property well groomed; the pool was clean and not over chlorinated. My room was spotless and very comfortable.
I look forward to my next visit to Arrowhead Resort and I would highly recommend a stay to my friends.

Room Tip: Remember to use sunscreen because you will want to be outdoors having fun although the Jacuzzi felt great after hiking around.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo