Arrowhead Resort
$62
$59
RodewayInn
TripAdvisor
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2011

Whenever Texas is in my travel plans, I always try to make sure this little resort is also in my plans. Its a small family owned resort by the lake that is perfect for families, or for couples or even singles who are just looking for a quiet weekend away from the noise of the city. Bonus accolades for the incredible restaurant. Its only open on weekend evenings but its apparently the place the locals know to go. Everything tasted homemade and delicious and they even provided warn cinnamon rolls for us in the morning.

Room Tip: Ask. Some cabins have great lake views
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank TexKeystone
Reviewed January 6, 2011

If you want a place to get away to some quiet time at the lake then there is none better. I went with my wife and kid with another family for New Year and even with the cold the kids managed to enjoy themselves very well. Cleanliness is definetely A grade inside and outside the cabins. The owners take great pride in that they live there and take care of any issues very quickly and were very courteous.
If you are the type that wants to have a noisy, forget all rules trip then this is not for you. There are rules that make sure guests don't spoil each other's vacation. But since the website clearly tells you that they intend to run a quiet place none of the rules are a surprise. I for one did not feel restricted by them at all.
All in all I would go there again as soon as spring breaks. Definetely want to try out the restaurant as the locals seem to like it very much.

Stayed: January 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Outdoorse
Reviewed June 21, 2010

Great selection of cabins for families & clean, clean, clean. We loved brushing the miniature horses. And the food at Mel's Steakhouse was better than anything we can get in Dallas.

2  Thank homerjgiddeon
Reviewed July 8, 2009

Our stay was pleasant enough, despite the overwhelming urine smell in the bathroom and being woke up at 5am with screaming peacocks. We abided by all the rules and managed to enjoy ourselves during our 3 day stay. We were totally shocked to find a $65 charge on my credit card for additional cleaning though. The owner accused me of harboring a dog/pet in our cabin! I am appalled at being called a liar and being accused of breaking her rules. I have reciepts from my vet for boarding my two dogs during the weekend that we stayed at the resort. I would never smuggle my pets into a cabin and I am in utter disbelief that she would accuse me of such a thing. She claims to have had to spend an additional 3 hours cleaning up pet hair that was covering every surface in our cabin after we left. I'm sorry, but this is total BS. I swept the entire cabin and made the beds before we left. We removed all of our food, toys and belongings at that time as well. I even made one nice pile of all our used towels for her to collect. You can imagine my shock at being charged for additional cleaning when I made extra efforts to leave the place clean. It had an odor when we came in anyway- the "old place" kind of odor. The bathroom smelled like someone had been peeing on the wall next to the toilet for years and the walls had just absorbed the urine. I gagged every time I had to go in there and kept flushing the toilet in hopes the smell would go away.

The journey to the lake was not as expected either. It was a hike, and an obsticle course. You have to climb over two fences to get there. We had older guests with us that had a very hard time doing this. Imagine carrying a large filled cooler down to the water over two fences and several yards to the water!

Like I said, I could of lived with everything else about this place. The rules, the trudge down to the lake, etc. The thing that got me was being called a liar and being charged for something I simply did not do. That is something I simply cannot stand for.

After threatening to contact the Better Business Bureau, she quickly refunded our money. At least she said she did. I have not confirmed it yet. I'm very dissapointed in her behavior.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
4  Thank Shellguana
gmcrow, Owner at Arrowhead Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2009

This customer was never called a liar, but was informed that all surfaces of the cabin were covered in pet hair. After suffering through a very insulting conversation we accepted the customer's statement that no pet was in the cabin. The customer was not charged any extra cleanup charges, even though we were required to shampoo carpet and detail clean this cabin before it could be rented again.

When we advertise a pet free (and thus allergen free) facility we cannot simply vacuum the room if we find pet hair. It is irrelevant how the pet hair arrived-- on clothing, children's toys, or blankets.

We also apologized directly to the customer for any smell she perceived in the cabin and told her that if she had discussed it with us when she checked in, any verifiable problems would have been rectified immediately. I personally cleaned the room before their arrival and did not detect any odor issues. Nor did I find offensive odors after their departure, just the pet hair.

We have rules in order to keep our place clean, safe, comfortable, and well maintained for all our guests. We do not engage in name calling with guests even when they are dissatisfied.

It is rare that we have unhappy customers and unfortunate that the unhappy ones are the ones most likely to post reviews.

Reviewed April 29, 2009

I went to this resort looking for peace and quiet and i got it. This is a really nice place, away from the crazy city, where u can relax and forget for a little about ur problems. The people working there was very friendly and helpful. The cabins were very comfortable and nice. The view to the lake is real nice. I will be back again

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled as a couple