“Variable”

Cuisines: American
Description: www.lakewhitneyrestaurants.com
Description: www.lakewhitneyrestaurants.com
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The food at Mel's is sometimes good, and sometimes not. Not really what you'd expect at a "Steakhouse," and I'd skip their Friday "buffet."

2  Thank JoeKent

Reviewed September 22, 2012

Because I live very far away from Texas (in China), I do not get to eat here often. Every time I do make it to Whitney, I eat at Mel's! The steaks are amazing. The staff are so friendly and helpful which makes the atmosphere relaxing, fun, and special. It is one of my favorite places to eat in the world!

3  Thank Crowberries
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We live in Waco and have made the drive to Lake Whitney several times just to eat at Mel's Steakhouse. Everything has always been delicious! The salad bar could be a meal in itself, the entrees are perfectly prepared, the bread and muffins are heavenly, and the desserts are to die for! The atmosphere is cozy and casual; the view is spectacular! The only improvement would be to move it closer to Waco and open it every day. It is one of our favorites!

2  Thank Melinda R
Reviewed September 15, 2012

As Always a great meal with friendly fast service. I enjoy their buffet selections, with the salad bar being a good start and dessert just right as my finish.

1  Thank Weezyone
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We make it to Arrowhead Resort a couple of times a year to get back in touch nature, usually when WestFest is going on nearby, and it its always a treat to dine at Mel's Steakhouse when we do. Folks up here in the northeast just don't have the opportunity to enjoy southern cooking or the fabulous steaks you can enjoy at Arrowhead. We loved the Friday night buffet - catfish, grilled porkchops, salad bar, but our pleasant surprise over Labor Day weekend was that the delicious prime rib special was on the Saturday regular menu now. We also LOVED the green chili chicken soup! Make sure to get some fudge pie to go! We aren't much for large chain restaurants, especially when we are on vacation. This little place with a beautiful view of the lakeside sunset is a local mom & pop joint where a lot of the townfolk seemed to know each other, but the fact that they are equally friendly to us cabin guests, and the delicious food, will keep us coming back

1  Thank TexKeystone