“Customer Service, or NOT!”

Whitesboro Inn & Suites
Whitesboro Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Whitesboro B&B and Inns
usa
“Customer Service, or NOT!”
Reviewed July 17, 2010

This rather new hotel, looks pleasant enough from the outside, but, upon entering there were dead bugs on the floor by the door and cobwebs on the bedside lights! But sometimes those things can be overlooked if the rest of the package is good, but here is where it turned sour (customer service is much more important than a dead bug or two, hey, at least they were dead) I tried to use the vending machine on the property, across from the hotel pool, to purchase a bottle of water....no water, no money back, so I went to the front desk and politely said to the evening desk lady, "The machine does not seem to want to give me water or my money back", her reply, "Too bad, the machines don't belong to us." I asked if there was something she could do about it, again I was told, not the front desk problem, go find the 800 number and call it. I then asked if I could speak to a manager, her reply, the manager is out of town call this number, alas it was the number for the front desk and I would have just gotten to talk to her. I must admit, I did say to her that there was a lack of customer service, (since they had, right behind the front desk a cooler with 49 cent water for sale for $1.25). I suggested in the manor of hospitality they could at least offer to return the money and deal with the vending guy themselves (as any reputable hotel with customer service in mind would do) or just let me have a bottle of water and write the 49 cents off....but noooooo, once again I was told too bad! When I insisted on a number for the manager, she went to the back and got another lady, this lady then asked very bruskly what the problem was, again I asked for the manager's number and was swiftly given a bottle of water ,a very dirty look and a "you satisfied now?" I must add though, lest you think all customer service was bad, the lady that was on days when we arrived, could not have been any more pleasant or helpful. Having booked another stay here for the future, (because of the initial warm reception) I guarantee I shall cancel just to avoid having to deal with the night people! And I shall persue the manager's number and let him know his night staff leaves much to be desired! I firmly believe after many years in the travel business, customer service should always come first! If you want customer service in the evening DO NOT stay at the Whitesboro Inn & Suites!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
4 Thank blackbyrd
dixiedee, Front Office Manager at Whitesboro Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 24, 2016
I am so sorry for your experience here. I can only tell you that since then we have been bought out by another group of people who are very nice. And I still work there!

Travelers are raving about these Whitesboro hotels

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitesboro
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
Super 8 Gainesville TX
Super 8 Gainesville TX
#3 of 12 in Gainesville
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison

Been to Whitesboro Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!