“worst place ever”

and 1 more site!
Whitesboro Inn & Suites
Ranked #2 of 2 Whitesboro B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 17, 2013

I would not recommend this place to anyone!!! They would rather have the "trailer trash" living there then paying customers. I was attack by their dog coming out of my room and was told that my "service dog" started it even though he was doing what he was trained to do...protecting me!
The employee at the counter was rude and was not understanding and said that we started it.....I mean I was jumped by the white trash dog and mine was doing his job.....so please do not stay here and tell everyone you know to do the same.

Room Tip: never stay here and look elsewhere for a better place to stay
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
dixiedee, Front Office Manager at Whitesboro Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2015

I have written this before but I will do so again. This couple who claimed that their so called service dog was attacked by a dog who was staying at the motel are so totally wrong. First of all, a service dog should never attack so why did the owner have to punch his service dog in the head to get him off of the other dog? and the other dog suffered a huge bite in her neck and had to have stitches. the motel dog only wanted to say hi to the couple, not get bit by a dog who yes is trained, but as an attack dog, not a service dog!

There are newer reviews for Whitesboro Inn & Suites

Reviewed May 15, 2013

It was a fair hotel at reasonable rates (for the week). The bedspread had a couple of cigarette burns in it, but they kept the room clean and supplied with fresh towels and coffee.
The continental breakfast consisted of a few sweet rolls, bagels, coffee and orange drink (not juice), thus we opted to go out for breakfast every day. Fortunately, there is a Dairy Queen and the Meat Market with cooked-to-order breakfasts not far away. McDonalds is also nearby if you like their breakfasts.
Although right at U.S. Hwy 82 and our room being closest to the highway, there was no disturbing road noise at night. Will stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
dixiedee, Front Office Manager at Whitesboro Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2016

Thank you for the nice review. The bed spreads have all been replaced!

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Not only do they have the thinnest, tinest bath towels; this motel also provides one tiny bath soap: 1 inch by 2 inch. I felt like I was in a Barbie House. My husband counted 18 cigarette burns on the thin worn bedspread that had to be twenty years old. The owners of this motel could raise their reviews considerably by increasing the quality of their towels, soaps and bedspreads. I think they are a little overpriced for what you receive. We did however feel fairly safe and we slept well.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We have re[laced the bedspreads and have gotten new towels. Unfortunately we cant afford the really thick towels but they are better. I would recommend that if you stay here again you ask for extra towels when checking in.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I left behind a beautiful blanket behind. I have called every day and I get the run around. this morning the lady that I spoke to said house keeping kept it. so leave your things behind or you will never see again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family

I thought I responded to this before but here I go again. Yes you left the blanket behind but as soon as it was discovered we contacted you to let you know. We did not hear back from you for a few days. You finally responded saying that a family member would come by to pick it up, which he did. Where it went from there we have no idea but we checked the ID from the gentleman who picked it up.

Reviewed January 19, 2012

Stayed in Whitesboro for a funeral. The motel rooms were clean. Did not detect any dead bugs or excessive dirt as reported by other reviews. The continental breakfast was not adequate, so we had breakfast at the nearby McDonalds, which was fine. It provided a place to sleep, that was all we expected for the price we paid.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for the nice review.

Reviewed December 18, 2011

I was recommended this hotel by a friend and payed for a weeks stay. At 250 a night the exterior looked decent, seemed like a okay deal. I get in my room, and found a dead mouse (shriveled and decaying) that gave the room an off smell. The next 2 days were alright. I asked for a wake up call at 1:15 pm and got one the next morning at 1:15 AM. I chucked this to human error. The 5th day, I take a nap and wake up with the room disheveled. I had taken a sleep medication and did not wake up during the intrusion. The door was locked and the chain had been put up. I woke up with the chain broken. I did not notice until after i came back the next day after work. I attempted to get them to fix it and they said to "put it on the window", no type of commendation was given for the break in. They would not even check security systems. The housekeepers would also come at 8 in the morning and bang on my door, until i answered. I had a do not disturb sign on my door as well. I open my door to unclean woman and man, their appearance looked dishevled and as if they had not taken a bath for months. Why would I want someone who cannot take care of themselves clean my room?! I told them not to come by again. I will handle the cleaning. I spoke with the front desk 3 times for this. Keycards became deactived 2 times before the end of my checkout date as well.. Overall .. hotel okay.. but the service was horrid.. if given a second chance.. I would not pay 15 dollars for a week at this hotel..

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 17, 2010

This rather new hotel, looks pleasant enough from the outside, but, upon entering there were dead bugs on the floor by the door and cobwebs on the bedside lights! But sometimes those things can be overlooked if the rest of the package is good, but here is where it turned sour (customer service is much more important than a dead bug or two, hey, at least they were dead) I tried to use the vending machine on the property, across from the hotel pool, to purchase a bottle of water....no water, no money back, so I went to the front desk and politely said to the evening desk lady, "The machine does not seem to want to give me water or my money back", her reply, "Too bad, the machines don't belong to us." I asked if there was something she could do about it, again I was told, not the front desk problem, go find the 800 number and call it. I then asked if I could speak to a manager, her reply, the manager is out of town call this number, alas it was the number for the front desk and I would have just gotten to talk to her. I must admit, I did say to her that there was a lack of customer service, (since they had, right behind the front desk a cooler with 49 cent water for sale for $1.25). I suggested in the manor of hospitality they could at least offer to return the money and deal with the vending guy themselves (as any reputable hotel with customer service in mind would do) or just let me have a bottle of water and write the 49 cents off....but noooooo, once again I was told too bad! When I insisted on a number for the manager, she went to the back and got another lady, this lady then asked very bruskly what the problem was, again I asked for the manager's number and was swiftly given a bottle of water ,a very dirty look and a "you satisfied now?" I must add though, lest you think all customer service was bad, the lady that was on days when we arrived, could not have been any more pleasant or helpful. Having booked another stay here for the future, (because of the initial warm reception) I guarantee I shall cancel just to avoid having to deal with the night people! And I shall persue the manager's number and let him know his night staff leaves much to be desired! I firmly believe after many years in the travel business, customer service should always come first! If you want customer service in the evening DO NOT stay at the Whitesboro Inn & Suites!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank blackbyrd

I am so sorry for your experience here. I can only tell you that since then we have been bought out by another group of people who are very nice. And I still work there!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Whitesboro
La Quinta Inn & Suites Gainesville
#4 of 12 in Gainesville
Best Western Red River Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton Denison
Hilton Garden Inn Denison/Sherman/At Texoma Event Center

Been to Whitesboro Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!