“I am in fried pie heaven!”
Review of Mamaw's Fried Pies - CLOSED

Mamaw's Fried Pies
Reviewed July 8, 2011

I stopped here based on high recommendations from the "locals". Took some fried pies home for dinner and can't stop thinking about fried pies. A great variety of meat and fruit pies. They will ship to you. Definitely work the short drive south of Tyler, Texas. Very clean restaurant.

1  Thank ajranch

Reviewed July 6, 2011

I visited this location to purchase some fried pies. I had a coupon I purchased from an athletic booster club. I also have the little "punch" card from this establishment - after so many punches you receive a fried pie. Nowhere on either does it say anything about not being able to use both of these at the same time. I purchased my pies & questioned why I could not get my card "punched". One of the owners was very rude to me. I will not visit this restaurant again. I shredded my "punch" cards as I won't be returning. Pies are tasty but if that type of person runs the place I don't need to go there.

8  Thank Smemaw
Reviewed February 10, 2009

All I have to say is Thank the Good Lord that I don't live in Whitehouse, Texas because I would be as big as a house by now. There aren't words that are sufficient enough to describe Mamaw's fried pies but I will give it a try. They started out as a tiny little shop where the owners handmade all their fried pie varieties and have since moved to a bigger location with a dining area and drive-through window, and their website states that they will be moving to a new location later this year so the fried pie business must definitely be booming.

The coconut is by far my favorite, but you can't go wrong with any of their delicious flavors from apple and sugar-free apricot to german chocolate and even a variety of breakfast and lunch/dinner fried pies. I also ordered one of their whole pies for Christmas and it was worth every penny. If you are ever in East Texas it is worth a drive over to Whitehouse for these delicious pastries.

4  Thank aggie0811
Reviewed October 14, 2008

I almost hate to let you in on our secret---MaMaw's Fried Pies in Whitehouse Tx. (just south of Tyler). Once you've tried them, I really believe you will be back...they're INCREDIBLE !!
They hand-make all of their pies on premises; my favorite fruit pies are peach, apricot, and cherry.
My all-time favorite, though, is the Coconut Creme fried pie...light & flaky crust, wonderfully rich & flavorful filling (with a LOT of "insides"...not like those awful things in shrink-wrap in the convenience stores!), and you can get them fresh & WARM from the fryers...Oh, My God !!! Like we say around here, "It'll make you slap your Momma & look at your Poppa funny!!"
My next run to Whitehouse TX. will be for the "Natchitoches Meat Pies" (if you're from Louisiana, you'll know exactly what they are, & also how to pronounce "Natchitoches"). I hear they are very good, and moderately spicy, but not so much that you pass out from the cayenne pepper heat. They have a mix of beef & pork, and are just stuffed FULL of meat (not just all crust) !! I can't wait !!! They're a meal in themselves!!
I hear MaMaw's soon will be offering internet & over-the-phone shipping of their pies---when that happens, there goes the waistline !!!
If you are ever in Tyler, you gotta go south on Hwy 110 to Whitehouse & try MaMaw's !!! (Just leave a few for us !!)

5  Thank fastcheapandeasy