“A Moderately Priced Stay at an Older La Quinta Inn”

Studio 6 Fort Worth West Medical Center
Fort Worth, Texas
“A Moderately Priced Stay at an Older La Quinta Inn”
Reviewed September 16, 2012

The La Quinta Inn Fort Worth West Medical District is located near the intersection of I-30 and Loop 820 just as you approach Fort Worth from Abilene and points west. It is conveniently located for visitors entering the DFW Metroplex and reasonably priced ($65.00 to $70.00 per night for two guests). The excellent location makes it a very suitable site for guests who will stay at an older La Quinta with fewer amenities and only an outdoor entrance to their room for a lower nightly rate. For guests willing to stay at a "Very Good" La Quinta Inn rather than an "Excellent" one and pay only a "moderate rate" for their room, this La Quinta is certainly an option to consider.

My wife and I found our room to be small, especially the bathroom. The room was clean, but in need of upodating. Both beds were comfortable and the room had a good television set, but with a smaller screen than most hotel/motel rooms I have stayed in. I found the staff to be most helpful and greatly appreciated the work of the "night clerk" who took me all around the facility at 1:00 A.M.in search of a drink machine that was working after I lost my change in a machine that was very close to our room.

For a La Quinta "Bright Side Breakfast," I would rate this Inn's breakfast as "Below Average" and more of a "continental breakfast" than a "full breakfast." Also, it was served in a small area that I consider to be part of the lobby, rather than the typical dining facility. Throughout their stay, as a special bonus, guests receive a 20% discount on all meals purchased at an International House of Pancakes Restaurant that is a very short walk from the Inn. Finally, the Inn had good wireless internet service, but there was not a central "Business Center" with computer access for guests.

Room Tip: Request a first floor, non-smoking room not facing the I-30 Freeway.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Brookfield, Wisconsin
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This is a great place to stay with kids, clean, very nice people, so if you need and Safe clean place to stay I would tell you to stay here while in Fort Worth they say i need to do 200 characters i just dont have that much to write when its all good i dont need 200

Room Tip: all rooms are clean , quite, and the people that clean them do not steal, I set them up to steal and...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2012 via mobile

This is an older La Quinta. The bed in the room was very soft and easy to sleep on. The bathroom was very tiny, but we survived.
The staff did a great job at keeping my room and the entire facility clean; however, this hotel needs some renevations done. I think with some little work, this hotel will be up to the standards to all the other wonderful La Quintas that I have stayed in.
I do recommend that curtains or blinds be placed in the breakfast area. The morning sun can be bright and it shines right through those windows.
The staff was very friendly at this location.
When I return to Fort Worth again, I will consider staying here.

• Stayed May 2012
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Hobbs, New Mexico
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Spent 5 days here and had a very good experience--the room was clean, good A/C, plenty of hot water, good wireless internet, the staff was friendly and cooperative, and housekeeping services did a good job (since I'm allergic to dust, I check!). As requested, I had a king-sized bed and a small refrigerator and microwave; the room also included a recliner next to the air conditioner! The continental breakfast included bagels, hard boiled eggs, fresh fruit and waffles. Yes, it's next to I-30 so there's traffic noise; yes, you have to enter through the I-HOP parking lot; yes, I had to walk up a flight of stairs to get to my outside-entrance second-floor room; but no, I did not feel at all threatened by the neighborhood and I was a woman traveling alone. Many good restaurants within a few miles. Would I stay here again? Yes!

Room Tip: During the summer, a room on the east side will be cooler and so will your car in the parking lot be...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Kyle, Texas
Reviewed June 20, 2012

Dirty, Ghetto, Loud and the staff stained shirts, not well groomed and rude.

Did not get the room promised after reserving it! Could of stayed at an equally gross hotel for two nights for what we paid here!

Should of stayed at their Lake Worth location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Stay At any place other than this place, even if they are willing to pay you to stay here Go else wh...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Carl H

Travelers are raving about these White Settlement hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near White Settlement
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Worth West
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Worth ...
#1 of 3 in White Settlement
#56 of 111 in Fort Worth
Country Inn & Suites by Carlson Fort Worth
Hampton Inn & Suites Fort Worth-West/I-30
Best Western Fort Worth Inn & Suites

Been to Studio 6 Fort Worth West Medical Center? Share your experiences!