“Thoroughly enjoyed the visit!”

Wharton County Museum
Ranked #2 of 8 things to do in Wharton
Reviewed March 21, 2008

My grandmother came from a large old Wharton family. I had been meaning to stop in the museum for a long time. Today I went by not knowing what I would find. I had a wonderful visit. Linda, a museum staffer showed me to a back room with family files. I found photos of my great grandmother and great great that I had never seen. Lots of very interesting info. The museum itself is fantastic. I come from Richmond and we have our Fort Bend County museum, which is nice, but this was much more interesting. There is a great old doll collection and a special "animal" collection in back. The home Dan Rather (famous news anchor and Wharton native) lived in as a child is located on the property. There is a wonderful display on Mr. Rather and on the most famous Wharton son, Mr. Horton Foote. I highly recommend the museum! Even my six year old enjoyed it.

4  Thank mojomo