“Lots of fun”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wharton
Tee Pee Motel & RV Park
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Wharton
Reviewed February 18, 2008

i spent one night in the refurbished Tee Pee Motel. Originally built in the 1940s the teepees were refurbbed a few years ago. Nothing special about the location - just a chance to stay in a concrete tee pee. Bed was comfortable and my teepee was outfitted with the usual tv, coffee maker, frig. The staff were very friendly and clearly enjoy working there.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled solo

Reviewed January 27, 2008

This was a great little get a way with just a few issues. First and formost the beds were so uncomfortable. I rolled to the middle all night long. Second was room temp. It was either hotter then the blazes or I had to turn the heater off and it was very cold. no middle ground. It was a one night deal anything more would have been unbearable.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tbus
Reviewed November 24, 2007

This was awesome. Wanted to stay here as a child but never was allowed. It then spend many years abandoned. Some lottery winners decided to buy it and fix it up and I am so thankful. I loved it. The whole experience was just thrilling. We built a campfire and roasted marshmallows. Everyone was friendly including the other guests. There is no pool, so modern-day travelers should be advised, but there is plenty to do in Wharton if you just want to get away from it all. There are nice
antique stores, the county courthouse in town square, etc.

Be warned....the beds are short. I am only 5'5" and my feet were
almost to the end. They are too soft for my liking but could live with it for one night.

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed: November 2007, traveled with family
2  Thank modboxmom
Reviewed October 1, 2007

I decided to throw caution to the wind and book a night at the Tee Pee Motel and the other nights at the chain motel in town during my last stay in Wharton. I'm a business traveler and internet access is mandatory but I figured I could live without it one night.

It turns out that when making their list of amenities they left high speed internet off the list. When I checked in they asked if I needed a data cable which was provided free.

The room was surprisingly spacious, especially since it contained a double bed, half-size refrigerator, microwave, sofa, a desk and chair and there was also a coffee maker in the bathroom. The Texas-sized air conditioner is perfect for the summer heat and the rooms are still clean since they were renovated only a year ago. There are picnic tables outside the rooms and a few hibachi sized grills scattered about.

The next morning I cancelled my other hotel reservation and booked my tee pee for the rest of the week.

One curious note, although there was a clothes rack there were no hangers so I had to hit the local discount store to pick some up.

• Stayed: September 2007
3  Thank purple_gorillaz
Reviewed September 27, 2007

"Best little Motel in Texas" comes to mind instantly, not to be confused with the Movie with a similar name! My trip to this small, but large on hospitality, Motel was to photograph and write about it for the S.C.A. Journal. I got the story I wanted and the photographs as well, but the time I spent with these hospitable owners was time well spent and greatly appreciated. As soon as my time permits it's off to this area again to spend more time at the Tee Pee Motel in Wharton, TX. Great Motel, ***** STARS!!!

Stayed: August 2007
2  Thank SKYVU
Reviewed August 23, 2007

I booked this as a surprise anniversary gift for my husband, and we both enjoyed our stay. We're on a budget but could easily afford the Tee Pee Motel. It only cost around $60 for the night!

The room was clean and surprisingly spacious. There were plenty of towels and a comfortable bed. The room also had a small refrigerator and microwave. The window unit A/C worked great. The parking is close to the rooms, so you don't have to walk far. If it hadn't been raining, we would have roasted marshmallows on one of the community BBQ pits.

There are very few hotels in Wharton, so why not stay in this one and have a different experience for a change!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WendyTex
Reviewed July 2, 2007

We (my husband and I) stayed at this motel for two nights on a weekend. Over the years we had driven by this property on the way to Wharton to visit my husband's family who live in town and we would pass by the TeePee when it was an abandoned, falling apart property (built in the early 1940's). We then watched as it was bought and renovated to what it is now. The individual teepees are all nicely renovated into modern motel rooms. The Tee Pee rooms look very small from the outside but when you go in they are larger than they look on the inside. The rooms are carpeted with double bed, nightstand, a futon that makes into a bed in the little sitting area, cable tv, refrigerator, microwave and a small desk and chair. The bed was so-so in comfort. The a/c is a window unit that is in the wall below the little window. It kept our room very cool. The bathroom is very narrow which is entered through a louvre door. It has a shower only that is nicely tiled and actually has elbow room. There is a little window over the sink so the mirror is actually two narrow strips of mirror on either side of the window. There is a blow dryer and a coffee pot in the bathroom. The outside has some picnic tables and grills in front of some of the tee pee rooms for guest use. Check in was easy and the employees were very nice. We did have a toilet plumbing problem while we were there but was quickly fixed while we went out for the afternoon. Overall the stay was pleasant and quiet. The price was very economical at 59.00 which includes the tax. It was fun staying in a different type of lodging that reflects a piece of Americana that does not exist anymore. The property is just outside of Wharton on several acres maybe more of land. Town is just a few minutes drive away.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
6  Thank GeeZee

Been to Tee Pee Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!