“Can mark this one off my list” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Tee Pee Motel & RV Park

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wharton
Tee Pee Motel & RV Park
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Wharton
Houston, Texas
“Can mark this one off my list”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2012

There are some updates on the tee pee. One of my biggest dissapointments is that it has a drop ceiling and the ceiling does not go up to top. But it is tired and needs some TLC. The tee pee we stayed in had new carpet and a new couch (futon). But the paint was peeling on wall, cobwebs in bathroom and the baseboards and different wood in room was in bad shape. The counter in bathroom needs to be replaced with something a little newer. The counter was old wood and had stains on it. The bed had a plastic cover so it sounded cheap. The bed was comfortable except for the plastic sound. The shower sprayed onto bathroom floor because it could not be lowered. The shower is a nice size but nowhere to put your soap. The tile work in shower looked updated also. During the day, the view from the door is looking out across a field of homes that isn't very nice. Over all, the tee pee was clean but just needs some refreshing. I can atleast say I finally stayed there.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a smoking or nonsmoking room. The higher the number tee pee the farther from t...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
6 Thank lovesweekends94

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

Okay so here is the thing, this is a Motel, it is not fancy, it is not grand but you get to stay in a Tee-Pee. Our kids loved it, the bed was small but the kids loved it.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
10 Thank GlynnfromDallas
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2011

My husband grew up in the area and has wanted to stay here since he was a kid. We were very pleased with the size of the room. Our two boys, 2 and 5, liked sleeping on the couch/futon and we were cozy in the full size bed.
The Tee Pees are nicely renovated and we were very comfortable. The room was a little chilly when we arrived but the window unit heater had the room toasty in about 15 minutes. It was very nice to have a mini-fridge in the room for milk for the kids. We would stay here again. Very fun!

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
12 Thank AmazonaWomona
Waco, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2011

I was born and raised in Wharton, Texas and have always wanted to stay at the Tee Pees, but my parents would never take us and by the time I was old enough, the Tee Pee Motel was out of business. We stayed there after Christmas this year and loved it. The room was clean and very unique, but I must say it was showing some wear. Call it living a childhood dream which made it so memorable, but we really enjoyed our stay. Where else can you sleep in a concrete tee pee?

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
11 Thank NecroButcher
Houston, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2010

Had I not known the remodel took place 4 years ago, I would've thought these units haven't been touched for 15 years. I would suggest the owners check in on their property. Our room was good, but the accordian door to the restroom was broken, making it a hassle for the kids and myself to deal with. The carpet was dirty...I easily spotted two cat claw nails near the futon sofa. The bottom line for me is, I loved the idea, the kids didn't really know any better, so they enjoyed it and you can't beat the value.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank imetgraf
Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2010

I had looked forward to one day staying at the Tee Pee Motel ever since I read all about it over a year ago. With 3 children, I especially thought it would be a great treat to stay there as part of our vacation. Before I give criticism, I would like to say that I am very appreciative of the owners for taking on the renovation of these unique structures. They represent a bygone era and in these ever more complex times, we need such places to remind us of our innocence. I'm sure it is helpful to the economy of Wharton, and I like to see small towns getting boosts like that. It must have been no small or inexpensive task to get these up and running and for that, I thank them. That said, I was disappointed on a few levels. First of all, the rooms are cheaply furnished. The futon had a badly broken spring in the seat. Both the futon and the carpet looked worn and some staining evident. I'm sure the low ceiling (you cannot see to the top of the structure from the inside) was created to make cooling and heating the room more efficient, but it made it feel much more cramped and took away from the novelty. I would have liked to have seen some adobe-colored tile on the floor instead of carpet- cleaner and more suiting of the theme. I saw that pets were allowed and a couple staying a few tee pees down from us had a dog. I understand this is a demand of many customers, but added to the gross-out factor when I considered the stains on the futons..I can imagine more than one dog sleeping on them where my kids slept! The bathroom was adequate, good use of the small space, but two crickets joined me in the shower. With a small room, I was happy to spend time outside, but that was a bit of a let down as well. The property is large..I'd say at least 3-4 acres. Although there are picnic tables and small bbq's provided,there were no trees for shade and beauty (aside from one crepe myrtle beside one tee pee and one dead tree with a bench built around it in the front). The RV park in back of the property was also treeless and stark. With all that space, some use could be made of it..a playground with a covered area in the middle of the large field would be nice. (Trees take time to grow- they need to be planted soon!:) A pool would be real plus.The IDEA of this place is out of the ball park fantastic, but there are some aesthetic touches that need to be made in order to make this place the truely special place that it is touted to be.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
5 Thank anyajimt
texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2010

Paid in advance for two nights, the double beds are poor, the carpet is getting alot of wear. We had to go buy a light bulb for the lamp, the bath towels were real small and there was no maid service, I had to go to the office at 10:00 at night a request towels. There was a party going on at the other end and about 2:00 a.m. someone was beating on our door, wrong teepee. The smoke detector was hanging down from the ceiling, not working.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank lonestar50

Travelers are raving about these Wharton hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Wharton
Americas Best Value Inn Wharton
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wharton
Country Hearth Inn
Country Hearth Inn
#2 of 8 in Wharton
Lonestar Inn
Lonestar Inn
#1 of 1 in El Campo

Been to Tee Pee Motel & RV Park? Share your experiences!