“Much more then expected!!”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wharton
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Wharton
Reviewed October 13, 2010

Great room very wonderful mattresses! Breakfast bar was more then I expected. the front desk people were so friendly happy and helpful and this was ALL shifts! We reserved 3 rooms for a wedding ( there was a another wedding event taking place there as well) and all were great! Pool area was very nice. The price was a bit high for that area. Almost didn't stay there because of it. The price stops the 5 star rating.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed August 11, 2010

My husband works in the oil field and stayed at this hotel for 45 days. Me and my kids (twins that are 3, and a 4 year old) LOVED this hotel. We have stayed at TONS of hotels and NONE have ever been as nice or accommodating. Everyone was so kind from the maintenance, front desk, house keeping, and the women in the breakfast area. They often went out of their to make sure my kids were having fun, and we had everything we needed. It is also one of the cleanest hotels we have stayed at. The food in the morning was great, and a big variety to chose from. They have a good size outdoor swimming pool we loved..... I would recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2009

I do not know what the other reviews were talking about... I found this to be an outstanding Holiday Inn.

It was not typical!

It is a beautiful hotel. Clean, large rooms, nice and smelled good!!

The breakfast was nothing special -- usually ho hum-- I sure do wish they would find something different to do!!

The only negative was the hot tub was too hot-- the pool smelled too much like chlorine!

But that was all minor compared to what a beautiful place it was!

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2008

I've stayed at this hotel a few times over the past few years. The family owned property is quite clean, from the rooms to the common areas.

It is a typical Holiday Inn Express with the iron/board, coffee maker, refrigerator and microwave that have become standard amenities for even basic hotels. They also have a nice outdoor pool.

The hotel offers the usual Holiday Inn Express business services, such as access to a copier, fax, and common computer. They also offer free high speed and wireless internet, and the wireless connection is quite good throughout the building. The desk staff is quite friendly and willing to recommend (and give directions to) local restaurants.

The Holiday Inn Express is the priciest choice in town and probably overpriced for most casual travelers or those who travel on a per diem. This is not my favorite place to stay in Wharton, but it is conveniently located just off the highway, and if money is no object you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed March 19, 2006

Me and my wife were in Wharton for a wedding and needed a nice but economical place to stay. So we chose the Holiday Inn Express because we got it for $69 a night and it seemed to be the newest hotel in the Wharton/El Campo area. Here is the breakdown of the hotel:

CHECK IN/OUT: Fairly easy, took less than 5 minutes. They gave us our keys and we were on our way. Checkout was even quicker as we had prepaid on the internet. They reminded us about checkout time 30 minutes before noon, which was nice. The staff is very friendly and competent.

LOBBY/INTERIOR/EXTERIOR: Very nice. This hotel is new and it definately shows. The carpet is very clean and the furnishings are very nice. There is a workout room with some treadmills and stationary bikes and a nice breakfast room with 2 wall mounted TV's and plenty of tables to eat at. There is plenty of parking and we parked right outside our room. I felt very safe there and felt very secure inside the property.

ROOM: The rooms are very roomy for a hotel. There is a built in desk table in the corner for doing work with a high speed connection. There is a small fridge/microwave cabinet and armoire. The TV is a nice size and there are plenty of channels, although no HBO. The beds are comfortable and have plenty of pillows. I was impressed that the pillows were very comfortable. The bathroom is the best feature. It is very roomy and has plenty of counterspace and an oversized medicine cabinet where you could store your toiletries. The shower curtain is a curved one so you don't feel claustrophobic in the shower. I do wish there was a vent for the bathroom because it gets very humid in there after a shower. The towels were large enough and they keep it well stocked. The AC works really well, although ours tripped the breaker once. It had a reset button on the plug and we pushed it and it was working again. The privacy shade is hard to see and we had to call the guy in the front to find it. There is plenty of lighting in the room and the carpet was in good shape. The bathroom door and the closet door didn't close well, which was a minor annoyance. I had one problem with the room. The walls were very thin. I could hear my neighbor watching TV all night long. I could also hear people walking down the hall and knew when people in the neighboring rooms came and went. We turned on the AC unit and the noise wasn't as bad.

COMPLEMENTARY BREAKFAST: This was a big dissapointment. I was there 40 minutes before closing and there was no bacon or sausage. They never refilled it. The biscuits and bagels were very stale. The waffles were also stale. The juices and cofee was good, but how hard is it to screw up juice or cofee. It closes at 10am and they break it down 5-10 minutes early, so try to get there by 9:45 or you won't have any food to eat. I would recommend getting breakfast from Whataburger because at least the food is fresh.

LOCATION: It is right on highway 59 and right next to a Whataburger and half a mile from a Walmart, Subway, and a gas station.

Overall, I would recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2006
5  Thank Dustinmc24
Also consider these accommodations in or near Wharton
Country Hearth Inn
Country Hearth Inn
#2 of 8 in Wharton
Best Western Executive Inn El Campo
Lonestar Inn
Lonestar Inn
#1 of 1 in El Campo

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Wharton? Share your experiences!